RedLegSuperStar
07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
This From Marc:

ATLANTA -- FYI, here's the way the rotation sets up coming out of the break:

7/13 - Aaron Harang
7/14 - Eric Milton
7/15 - Bronson Arroyo
7/16 - Elizardo Ramirez

After the off day on the 17th, it will be Harang opening the Mets series on the 18th. The fifth starter, be it Mays, Claussen or whoever, won't be used until the 22nd against the Brewers.

Reds1
07-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm actually glad to see Harang and Arroyo split up. Spreads out the top pitchers, but I guess you just want to get them to pitch as much as possible. Looks like Claussen will get some more time to get back into shape. As bad as he's been I'm glad to have him back. Mays doesn't do it for me. Put him in the pen. He seemed to have some success, but it's a small sample size. I don't think I'd miss him much. :)

oregonred
07-07-2006, 06:47 PM
The fifth starter, be it Mays, Claussen or whoever, won't be used until the 22nd against the Brewers.

Excellent news. Figure it's Claussen back on the 22nd.

Finally good to see the guys that can actually pitch (Harang/Arroyo) and the two combustible lefties spread out in the rotation mix.

Mario-Rijo
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I guess it looks ok, but I wonder if it will hurt EZ being the guy that is directly behind the guy that he is most like in the rotation? Certainly he's no Bronson clone, but he is more like Bronson than anyone else we have. Just something to keep an eye on if EZ starts to have some problems. Granted it's unlikely it would happen early on as they shouldn't pitch against the same team for at least the 1st couple games.

oneupper
07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure I want to see Claussen pitching to the Brewers. They have killed him,

Ron Madden
07-08-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm actually glad to see Harang and Arroyo split up. Spreads out the top pitchers, but I guess you just want to get them to pitch as much as possible. Looks like Claussen will get some more time to get back into shape. As bad as he's been I'm glad to have him back. Mays doesn't do it for me. Put him in the pen. He seemed to have some success, but it's a small sample size. I don't think I'd miss him much. :)

I think it's foolish.

I want to WIN GAMES.

In order to win as often as possible we must do two things.

1. Our best pitchers should always be in the front of the rotation. They will get more starts in the long run we have the chance to win more games.

2. Give our most productive hitters as many PA's as possible.

I better shut up now.

KronoRed
07-08-2006, 03:51 AM
1. Our best pitchers should always be in the front of the rotation. They will get more starts in the long run we have the chance to win more games.

2. Give our most productive hitters as many PA's as possible.

I agree 100%.

Crosley68
07-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I think Narron is leaving room for Bronson to possibly pitch an inning in the All-Star game, That would give him 3 days rest after an inning or so work on Tuesday.

Big Klu
07-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I guess it looks ok, but I wonder if it will hurt EZ being the guy that is directly behind the guy that he is most like in the rotation? Certainly he's no Bronson clone, but he is more like Bronson than anyone else we have. Just something to keep an eye on if EZ starts to have some problems. Granted it's unlikely it would happen early on as they shouldn't pitch against the same team for at least the 1st couple games.

Ramirez has already been following Arroyo for the last several starts, so I don't think it is a problem.