PDA

View Full Version : Best infield Defense

Ltlabner
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Obviously infield defense, especially on the left side, has been an issue for us. That being said, in your opinion, which team's infield do you think offered the best starting line up in terms of defense? In other words, what team has the best infield defense of all time (on a consistent basis, not some fluke year where a team put up fluke numbers once)?

As always, why do you feal this way?

goreds2
07-10-2006, 01:16 PM
For longevity, the Dodger infield in the 70's/80's had to be one of the top ones. (Garvey, Lopes, Russell, Cey)

I am not sure of another infield that played that long together.
(1973-1981)

I hate to mention these guys because I HATED the DODGERS. When we played them in the 70's and 80's, it was like a POST SEASON Game.

RollyInRaleigh
07-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Still makes me want to grit my teeth when I think about those Dodger teams.

Red Leader
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
That Mets infield defense in '99, I think it was, was pretty awesome.

I think they had the fewest errors of any infield defense in history. They were actually fun to watch play defense.

texasdave
07-10-2006, 01:32 PM
i remember watching the 70 world series and my dad remarking that with brooks robinson at 3rd and mark belanger at ss you just couldnt get a ground ball through the left side of that infield. and like the good son that i was if my dad said it i believed it. in any case, i figure that would have to be one of the better defensive infields i have seen since i have been watching baseball.

captainmorgan07
07-10-2006, 01:46 PM
That Mets infield defense in '99, I think it was, was pretty awesome.

I think they had the fewest errors of any infield defense in history. They were actually fun to watch play defense.
ventura was at third ordonez at short i alfonso at second and olerud at first if i remember right

dabvu2498
07-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Does my memory deceive me or was the Reds 1990 infield defense outstanding?