PDA

View Full Version : Scott Kazmir?

GriffeyRocks80
07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys,

This is my first post, so please don't rough me up too much. My question is, do the Reds have enough to give in order to obtain a starter like Kazmir? If they did, would they give it? Also, would Tampa ever trade him? I swapped e-mails about this with John Fay, and he said he thinks the Tampa GM would instantly lose his job if Kazmir were traded. I'm just curious to see what you all have to say. Thanks!

Jpup
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey Guys,

This is my first post, so please don't rough me up too much. My question is, do the Reds have enough to give in order to obtain a starter like Kazmir? If they did, would they give it? Also, would Tampa ever trade him? I swapped e-mails about this with John Fay, and he said he thinks the Tampa GM would instantly lose his job if Kazmir were traded. I'm just curious to see what you all have to say. Thanks!

This is one instance where John Fay is right. No way Tampa would ever trade him.

Joseph
07-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Kazmir was a complete steal for the TB franchise, and if they truly are trying to build good will and a promising future, he's about the last player they will want to trade. The only way they would trade a player like him is if the other franchise offered something completely overwhelming [1-2 top players and 2 top prospects, think Adam Dunn & Homer & Jay Bruce] Does it make sense for the Reds to offer that? Probably not.

Krusty
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Tampa Bay hopes to build a rotation around Kazmir.

Joseph
07-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Tampa Bay hopes to build a franchise around Kazmir.

I fixed it for you.

MartyFan
07-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I read an article on Yahoo that the rep for the D-Rays in the futures game is a 27 year old pitcher...in the article they talk about Delmon Young and his meltdown and then said that Upton was in more trouble than Young...what did Upton do?

RedsFanatic
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Dui

dougdirt
07-11-2006, 02:16 PM
The Drays have quite a bit of talent in their system...just lots of trouble with their top 3 prospects between Young, Upton and Dukes. If they can get them straightened out and up at the same time, they will have a serious team in TB.

NastyBoy
07-12-2006, 01:22 AM
I think we could package Kearns, Dunn and Gruler straight up for Kazmir. Ofcourse the Reds have plenty to give in order to obtain a pitcher originally passed on.

KronoRed
07-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Gruler? is he even pitching anymore?

I think it would take Bailey/EE/Votto/Bruce to even get them to talk to us.

flyer85
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Gruler? is he even pitching anymore?
Toiling in the GCL. Interesting because when he was drafted four years ago he started in the Pioneer League (a step up from the GCL).

Also of note, a few more starts and Gruler will make it to 100IP in his entire minor league career.