PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Schedule: 20 of next 26 at home, then 16 of 23 on the road

macro
07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Every season's schedule seems to have its own quirks. The Reds have only five more homestands remaining in the 2006 season, and two of them are upcoming ten-game homestands, seperated by only a short six-game road swing.

They'll pay the price for all the time at home after that, though, as they'll have only six more home games until September 4.

Normally you would think that lots of home games would be a good thing, but I'm not sure that's the case with this team. So, is the upcoming run of home games a blessing or a curse? If the current slide continues, the natives may get restless and start to turn on the home team, making them look forward to getting out of town.

reds44
07-12-2006, 11:29 PM
20 of our next 26 are at home????

Wow.

Hopefully we play better at GABP then we have been.

Jpup
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I think the pitching staff would rather be on the road. I don't know what the splits are, but it couldn't hurt for them to be on the road.

If the bats can get hot and stay hot, I think they will be fine. The next 3 or 4 weeks will decide the season. I hope Krivsky will got out and get some pitching to help within the next week or so. Felipe starting to hit would help tremendously as would Edwin being in the lineup everyday.

It should be interesting.

Falls City Beer
07-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Unless something totally drastic is done, this team is dead. As MarcD's pointed out--the suck on this team is atavistic.

reds44
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I think the pitching staff would rather be on the road. I don't know what the splits are, but it couldn't hurt for them to be on the road.

If the bats can get hot and stay hot, I think they will be fine. The next 3 or 4 weeks will decide the season. I hope Krivsky will got out and get some pitching to help within the next week or so. Felipe starting to hit would help tremendously as would Edwin being in the lineup everyday.

It should be interesting.
You know GABP is going to be playing the smallest it has all season for about the next month or a maybe alittle. I say screw trying to start guys like Castro and trying to improve the defense. Run your best offense out there and try to out mash people.

Unless of course Wayne pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets us some actual pitching.

KronoRed
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
If we go .500 over that stretch I'll be pleasantly surprised

Falls City Beer
07-12-2006, 11:42 PM
If we go .500 over that stretch I'll be pleasantly surprised

The Reds limped into the All-Star break playing as bad a baseball as you'd like to see anyone play. Double-bad.

The cast from that movie were all re-upped--tired, worn-down, overtaxed--for the second half. Unless some serious talent infusion occurs, this team is going to come completely unglued. I really wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see one or both of the two good pitchers spend some time on the DL.

Jpup
07-12-2006, 11:46 PM
You know GABP is going to be playing the smallest it has all season for about the next month or a maybe alittle. I say screw trying to start guys like Castro and trying to improve the defense. Run your best offense out there and try to out mash people.

Unless of course Wayne pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets us some actual pitching.

That's what I would do too. Try to outscore them until you can get some pitching. It won't work, but it would be fun to watch. :D

Caveat Emperor
07-13-2006, 12:32 AM
The Reds limped into the All-Star break playing as bad a baseball as you'd like to see anyone play. Double-bad.

The cast from that movie were all re-upped--tired, worn-down, overtaxed--for the second half. Unless some serious talent infusion occurs, this team is going to come completely unglued. I really wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see one or both of the two good pitchers spend some time on the DL.

Lost 20 of their last 29 games, to be precise. Thinking this team will be anything other than abysmal in the 2nd half is wasted neuron activity, IMO.

Though, I'm the guy who projected 68 wins for this squad, so what the hell do I know...

Jpup
07-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Lost 20 of their last 29 games, to be precise. Thinking this team will be anything other than abysmal in the 2nd half is wasted neuron activity, IMO.

Though, I'm the guy who projected 68 wins for this squad, so what the hell do I know...

I said 69 I think. I hope I'm wrong.

KronoRed
07-13-2006, 01:15 AM
I said 70

Optimist that I am

Tornon
07-13-2006, 01:29 AM
I will be disappointed if we don't end up winning 118

Jpup
07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I will be disappointed if we don't end up winning 118

:help:

Marc D
07-13-2006, 01:35 PM

Any injury/innefective streak to Harang and Arroyo and you may still well have nailed it.