2B Freel
1B Hatteberg
LF Dunn
CF Junior
3B Encarnacion
2B Phillips
RF Denorfia
C LaRue

That'll work.... Why do I severely doubt it'll happen?

jimbo
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
This is what I'd like to see:

2B Freel
SS Phillips
CF Griffey
LF Dunn
3B EE
RF Denorfia
1B Hatteberg/Aurilia
C LaRue
P

Razor Shines
07-13-2006, 06:10 PM
2B Freel
1B Hatteberg
LF Dunn
CF Junior
3B Encarnacion
2B Phillips
RF Denorfia
C LaRue

That'll work.... Why do I severely doubt it'll happen?
it's gonna be tough with no ss

RedLegSuperStar
07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Here's mine:

Denorfia - RF
Phillips - 2B
Dunn - LF
Griffey - CF
Encarnacion - 3B
Hatteberg - 1B
Ross/LaRue/Valentin - C
Clayton - SS

flyer85
07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
I'd feel better if Clayton hadn't been included and it had simply been 4 for 3.

Wayne K said Clayton will play everyday at SS. His .660 OPS will not play well. Heck I'd rather have Rich play SS.

If this trade doesn't move Phillips to SS and according to WK it does not, it is a bad deal.

I could live with

Freel
Denorfia
Jr
Dunn
EE
Hatty
Phillips
Ross

RedLegSuperStar
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
the question is.. Is Freel healthy?

flyer85
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
My fear is that Clayton will be the everyday SS and RA the everyday 3b.

RedsHawt
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I want...
2b- Freel
SS- Phillips
CF- Jr
LF- Dunn
3b- EE
1b- Hatteberg
RF- Denorfia
C- Ross

But it's going to be Clayton playing SS so the line up is going to be meh... :(

icehole3
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
it's gonna be tough with no ss

Not if we're playing the Griffey Jr shift the whole game

:p:

KronoRed
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
My fear is that Clayton will be the everyday SS and RA the everyday 3b.
Krivsky pretty much said that Clayton was a key part of the deal, he'll be the SS

Rich will be over at 3rd

EKURed
07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Krivsky pretty much said that Clayton was a key part of the deal, he'll be the SS

Rich will be over at 3rd

And that's a shame. Encarnacion has to be the third baseman, especially now with this trade.

EKURed
07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Tonight's Lineup:

Denorfia- RF
Phillips - 2b
Griffey - CF
Aurilia - 1B
Dunn - LF
Encarnacion - 3b
LaRue - C
Castro - SS
Milton - P

If Encarnacion plays tomorrow....that's the true test!

killuminati35
07-13-2006, 06:55 PM
In my opinion, making Phillips a SS is not as easy as everybody thinks it will be. If you thought Lopez was a bad SS, putting a guy out of position won't improve much. Especially mid-season. This might work if you move him in Spring Training next year.

Blue
07-13-2006, 06:57 PM
1. Freel 2B
2. Denorfia RF
3. Griffey CF
4. Dunn LF
5. Encarnacion 3B
6. Hatteberg 1B
7. Phillips SS
8. Ross/LaRue/Valentin

I think that's about the best I could hope for. Griffey should be in RF and Deno in CF, but like I said, realistically, that's as close as I think we'll get. And we probably won't even be that close.

kheidg-
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM

Rich will be over at 3rd

I don't see how Krivsky could consider somebody that didn't have any team to play for throughout free agency and made the Nationals with a minor league contract and invitation to spring training a "key" part of the deal.

Blue
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
In my opinion, making Phillips a SS is not as easy as everybody thinks it will be. If you thought Lopez was a bad SS, putting a guy out of position won't improve much. Especially mid-season. This might work if you move him in Spring Training next year.

I agree. I read an old scouting report, I think it was Sickels back when he was at ESPN, and he said he wasn't good enough for SS. Still, all around, he's probably our best option and I'd like to see him try it.

NastyBoy
07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Here it is:

Deno RF
BP 2B
KGJ CF
Aurilla 1B
Big Donkey LF
EE 3B
Cowboy C
Golden Hands SS
Milton P

Redhook
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM
This deal solidifies the fact the Griffey needs to be moved to the cleanup spot with Dunn batting in the 3rd spot. Dunn needs to bat ahead of Griffey. He's much, much better in front of him. I'd like to see pretty much any lineup with Dunn 3rd, Griffey 4th and EE 5th. Lot of versality to work around that.

cincyinco
07-13-2006, 07:34 PM

Brandon Phillips was a natural Short Stop long before being converted to 2b by the Cleveland Indians. He has all the tools to play SS. I'm positive he could handle it fairly easily if he were to switch now. But a move in the offseason does seem more appropriate.

NastyBoy
07-13-2006, 07:36 PM
This deal solidifies the fact the Griffey needs to be moved to the cleanup spot with Dunn batting in the 3rd spot. Dunn needs to bat ahead of Griffey. He's much, much better in front of him. I'd like to see pretty much any lineup with Dunn 3rd, Griffey 4th and EE 5th. Lot of versality to work around that.

It would be nice to ss EE grow into the role... but yeah, Dunn appears to benefit greatly from batting in front of Griffey.... now all we need is someone to step up and follow KGJ.

jfar23
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
After all the excitement of the trade we gotta go put up with a start from Milton

jimbo
07-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Phillips was drafted as a SS and has played enough there in the minors that it shouldn't be a problem moving him there mid-season. It wouldn't be like he was learning a new position. He may have a short adjustment period, but I can't see it taking him long to get comfortable there.

goreds2
07-13-2006, 08:22 PM
After all the excitement of the trade we gotta go put up with a start from Milton

My fingers are crossed buddy.

redsmetz
07-13-2006, 10:12 PM
RF Denorfia
SS Clayton
LF Dunn
CF Griffey
2B Phillips
3B EE
1B Hatteberg/Aurilia
C Ross/LaRue

Just my humble opinion