PDA

View Full Version : Corresponding Moves Prediction

RedLegSuperStar
07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Clayton, Majewski, and Bray will be here tomorrow.. who goes down?

My guess is:

Bergolla, Wise, and Standridge

I just don't see the team eating any more cash DFA'ing players

Virginia Beach Reds
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
My guess is they DFA Mays, demote Standridge and Bergolla.

Jpup
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Clayton, Majewski, and Bray will be here tomorrow.. who goes down?

My guess is:

Bergolla, Wise, and Standridge

I just don't see the team eating any more cash DFA'ing players

they already said that Wise is staying. Bergolla, Yan, and Standridge will be gone from the MLB roster IMO.

TOBTTReds
07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I vote Standridge! didnt help himselft tonight. Bergolla and Joe Mays.

alloverjr
07-13-2006, 11:18 PM
As I :barf: I would prefer to keep Yan if it means getting rid of Mays.

captainmorgan07
07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
mays standridge gone bergolla down to get some at bats in AAA as we have more than enough infielders

Patrick Bateman
07-13-2006, 11:26 PM
As I :barf: I would prefer to keep Yan if it means getting rid of Mays.
Then who starts??

flyer85
07-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Mays is a starter as far as I see.

Bergolla, Yan and Standridge will be gone.

CTA513
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
How many guys have to go?

Heath
07-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Belisle to start - JMO.

Maybe another trade????? Who is left? LaRue?

alloverjr
07-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Then who starts??

Irrelavent if the answer is Mays. This guy gives up roughly 1.7 HITS per inning. Bring Claussen off the DL if that's what's left.

reds44
07-13-2006, 11:32 PM

Begolla, Standridge, Mays

Patrick Bateman
07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Irrelavent if the answer is Mays. This guy gives up roughly 1.7 HITS per inning. Bring Claussen off the DL if that's what's left.

That's the point. If you bring Claussen back, you still have to get rid of somebody.

CTA513
07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Bergolla will likely get sent down since he was probably just here to fill a roster spot for tonight.

Standridge - his performance tonight should make him the obvious choice.

Yan/Mays/Wise - I wouldnt be surprised if its Yan who goes, because they dont use him much at all.

deltachi8
07-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Bergolla, Standridge, Mays tomorrow....the rest on audition until Claussen's turn comes up.

flyer85
07-13-2006, 11:42 PM
As near as I can tell Claussen isn't on schedule to pitch Monday. I think Mays hangs around dor at least one more start

reds44
07-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Don't forget somebody goes Sunday when EZ comes back.

Jpup
07-13-2006, 11:45 PM
As near as I can tell Claussen isn't on schedule to pitch Monday. I think Mays hangs around dor at least one more start

hopefully, Krivsky will go get another starter before then.

flyer85
07-13-2006, 11:49 PM
hopefully, Krivsky will go get another starter before then.he spent his chips today.

reds44
07-13-2006, 11:52 PM
he spent his chips today.
He sent his major league chips today. Our entire minors system is still in tact. That was one of the things I liked about this move. He didn't sacrifice the future to win now. He got 2 solid relievers who are 26 and 23, Harris who may still yet pan out, and one of their better SP prospects, and he didn't have to trade anyone in the minors worth a darn.

We upgraded our defense and our pitching got better.

Remember in 04 when the Red Sox traded Murton and Nomar and got Cabrerra and Dougy Alphabet in return? This deal reminds me of that one.

TOBTTReds
07-13-2006, 11:53 PM
he spent his chips today.

If I'm playing, I got LaRue when Ross is healthy, and Richie as chips. I also have Royce Clayton.

Aronchis
07-13-2006, 11:54 PM
He sent his major league chips today. Our entire minors system is still in tact. That was one of the things I liked this move. He didn't sacrifice the future to win now. He got 2 solid relievers who are 26 and 23, and he didn't have to trade anyone in the minors worth a darn.

We upgraded our defense and our pitching got better.

Remember in 04 when the Red Sox traded Murton and Nomar and got Cabrerra and Dougy Alphabet in return? This deal reminds me of that one.

We don't have many minor league chips. That is a problem. In otherwords, its spent. Maybe he trades some more fluff for a starter, but looking for a impact starter isn't going to happen.

reds44
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
We don't have many minor league chips. That is a problem. In otherwords, its spent. Maybe he trades some more fluff for a starter, but looking for a impact starter isn't going to happen.

Homer, Bruce, Votto, and Cueto are all still in the system. No it is not alot, but you have to start somewhere.

I'm not suggesting trading them for a starter, but I am just saying the future is in tact.

flyer85
07-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Homer, Bruce, Votto, and Cueto are all still in the system. No it is not alot, but you have to start somewhere.

I'm not suggesting trading them for a starter, but I am just saying the future is in tact.if they want to win this year they may have to because I certainly don't see this trade putting them over the top.

reds44
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
if they want to win this year they may have to because I certainly don't see this trade putting them over the top.
IMHO, they are a better team then they were this morning.

Marc D
If I'm playing, I got LaRue when Ross is healthy, and Richie as chips. I also have Royce Clayton.

And if 2 guys like AK and FeLo are only worth 2 middle relievers, the chips you have left are near worthless.

Aronchis
Homer, Bruce, Votto, amd Cueto are all still in the system. No it is not alot, but you have to start somewhere.

If you erase Bailey and Bruce(Who Krivsky has been asking the moon for, they are basically untouchable), you are left with Votto,Cueto,Ward and Wood. Yuck.

Wayno shot his loado today. Yeah, maybe a fluff trade here or there............ Brey better be the real deal.

flyer85
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
IMHO, they are a better team then they were this morning.that may be true but they still aren't a playoff team IMHO.

reds44
07-14-2006, 12:02 AM
And if 2 guys like AK and FeLo are only worth 2 middle relievers, the chips you have left are near worthless.
They won't bring you good pitching, but they could bring you useful things in other areas. Whether it is prospects or even batters.

The value of good relief pitching, good pitching in general, is much higher then hitting.

boobhat
07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
what kind of return are the reds looking at for a larue or aurilla?
any free agent sps out there?

Reds1
07-14-2006, 10:55 AM

I'm not suggesting trading them for a starter, but I am just saying the future is in tact.

I know you aren't a FeLo lover, but I think it could put us in a bind going forward. I agree I was worried about his defense, but he is young and could hit so this does worry me a bit. Kearns really makes more sense as he is getting ready to get more money and we hopefully have a replacement now for him. The problem is if we have an injury in the OF it could get dicey. I guess we got rid of some flex for pitching. We need pitching and they are young so hopeful it will work out. Personally, it's hard for me to let go of guys and not be upset, but I understand the need.

redsmetz
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
My guess is they DFA Mays, demote Standridge and Bergolla.

I think you're correct in your assessment. Of course, there are more moves which will come if only to get Ramierez back on the roster, not to mention where Claussen goes when he's ready. Does he have options? I think he probably doesn't.

Danny Serafini
07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Bergolla is an obvious one, he was just a one day fill in and Clayton will take that spot. Standridge did his best to pitch his way off the roster last night, so I bet he gets the ol' DFA. My guess is David Ross goes on the DL to clear the third spot. He's already missed 6 days as it is, and there doesn't look like he'll be back right away, so they'll use the DL to buy a little time. Of course it won't buy much since Lizard comes up Sunday. At that point I bet Joe Mays gets DFAed. It's a gamble, but they won't need a 5th starter for over a week, and Claussen may be ready to come back by then.

princeton
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM

dsmith421
07-14-2006, 02:05 PM
what kind of return are the reds looking at for a larue or aurilla?
any free agent sps out there?

Given what they just got for Lopez and Kearns, I'd say the return for LaRue and Aurilia is a six pack of Bud Lite and a dried-up dog turd.

If there's anything that the last ten years have taught me, its that you can't fix a team with free agent starting pitching.