PDA

View Full Version : Club House Atmosphere?

Royals Fan
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I was listeing to the Columbus radio station after the trade went down- they talk to an person who is around the clubhouse everyday, they metioned that the Dunn/Kearns was becoming an problem for ppl iaround the club, maybe somelse have heard the same thing or this subject. It seam to be that they think or this person believe both of them are lazy about life in baseball.

edabbs44
07-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Wouldn't shock me.

GOREDSGO32
07-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Steve Stewart said on the radio everyone was upbeat about the trade and thought it was awesome except Dunn.

Royals Fan
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
i think the word they using was to buddy with each other and apprently it was causing some problems in the clubhouse, maybe another reason why Kearns was traded to break this up for both of them.

Team Clark
07-13-2006, 10:34 PM
I brought this up and got hammered but it is true. Now w'll see how effective the measure will be.

Royals Fan
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Something has to be up with these 2-cause this type of information usually not talked about outside the media types and made know to the public.

If this true then I am all for this trade and plus i like ideal getting young pitching that throw over 90 plus and some D to go along with it. When last time the reds have had left hander that throw over 90 plus since randy myers - bray is 23 years old and he will even throw harder down the line.

Just my opiniined- Gary W to me look like General Custer without blond hair.

KronoRed
07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
What was the problem? not allowed to have buddies on the team?

Jpup
07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Something has to be up with these 2-cause this type of information usually not talked about outside the media types and made know to the public.

If this true then I am all for this trade and plus i like ideal getting young pitching that throw over 90 plus and some D to go along with it. When last time the reds have had left hander that throw over 90 plus since randy myers - bray is 23 years old and he will even throw harder down the line.

Just my opiniined- Gary W to me look like General Custer without blond hair.

Mercker throws over 90. That's just one of many.

Royals Fan
07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Krono

i think the problem is that they are becoming an distraction somehow, but we not in there to see it from other players.

Aronchis
07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
How about Griffey? Didn't he train with Dunn and Kearns at times over the offseason? Was it becoming a distraction to him?

I am shocked Dunn was able to play tonight...........;)

Royals Fan
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
bray is in the mid 90 already and he is 23 years old and i like his upside and i like Gary W. Now we need to get Aaron Cook from the rockies.

jimbo
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I was listening to Freel on WLW before the game and he was pretty upbeat about the trade. I thought it was kind odd since he just found out two of his teammates were traded. Makes you wonder.

Falls City Beer
07-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I think they should take away the massage chairs.

Team Clark
07-13-2006, 11:14 PM
I think they should take away the massage chairs.

Killing me!:laugh:

Unassisted
07-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Dunn's gloomy expression every time he was on-camera during the game tonight gave off the distinct vibe that someone had taken away his only friend. Makes you wonder...

LINEDRIVER
07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Just speculating, but could it have been........

Dunn and Kearns were making enemies by playing loud country music and hogging the PlayStation in the players lounge.

-

Jpup
07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Dunn's gloomy expression every time he was on-camera during the game tonight gave off the distinct vibe that someone had taken away his only friend. Makes you wonder...

doesn't he always seem like that? he does to me anyway.

flyer85
07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Having your best friend traded hurts, no doubt about it. Nuxie talked tonight about when the Reds traded Wally Post and how hard it was at the time. It is a part of baseball but it doesn't make it less painful.

Razor Shines
07-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I was listening to Freel on WLW before the game and he was pretty upbeat about the trade. I thought it was kind odd since he just found out two of his teammates were traded. Makes you wonder.
I also listened to this Freel's exact words were that it was "an excellent trade". I guess we can take that for what it's worth, could be just toting the company line, but it didn't sound like it. It also could be that he is just tired of the bullpen giving up 3 or 4 runs a night, which he also mentioned.

Unassisted
07-13-2006, 11:34 PM
doesn't he always seem like that? he does to me anyway.I think he usually looks distracted or bored when he's not at the plate. This seemed more like sad or vaguely mad.

CTA513
07-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Having your best friend traded hurts, no doubt about it. Nuxie talked tonight about when the Reds traded Wally Post and how hard it was at the time. It is a part of baseball but it doesn't make it less painful.

:thumbup:

Royals Fan
07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
After reading more on the trade more i feel good about it and i hope it makes both of them more focus and I excited about getting 3 young pitchers in the sytem.Pitching and Defensive wins Ttiles.

One article mentions thsi trade been worked since Feb when Wayne came on board with the Reds. This show that Wayne has done some advance scouting and leg work on these players.

REDREAD
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
i think the word they using was to buddy with each other and apprently it was causing some problems in the clubhouse, maybe another reason why Kearns was traded to break this up for both of them.

Well, we have heard rumors over the years about both of them being pretty laid back and/or lazy, and having a Danny Graves' type of attitude (not really worried about winning or not). I'm not saying I agree or that it's true, but their work ethic has been questioned.

Newman4
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Just speculating, but could it have been........

Dunn and Kearns were making enemies by playing loud country music and hogging the PlayStation in the players lounge.

-

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with loud country music!:)

Royals Fan
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Like i said earluer some reason why this trade was made was to shake this ballclub ip and for most part everyone on the team was happy minus dunn, anyone seen any comment from junior on the deal.

Handofdeath
07-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Like i said earlier some reason why this trade was made was to shake this ballclub ip and for most part everyone on the team was happy minus dunn, anyone seen any comment from junior on the deal.

Well Kearns's attitude obviously came into question after last years demotion and Lopez's has been under question since he was with Toronto. Two starters gone and NO ONE on the team seems unhappy. No one has come out and said how sorry they are to see them go. The team seems happy with the trade. Sometimes just making the clubhouse more positive can help a team.

Jr's Boy
07-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Darn and no Casey goodbye hugs to go around either.:D