PDA

View Full Version : Did the trade fire this team up?

harangatang
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
What a night for the Reds after the big trade today. A quailty start from Milton, Weather and Coffey both throwing scoreless innings on the pitching lines. The offense has scored 9 runs to the tune of 14 hits and has had 5 extra base hits with doubles from Dunn, Castro, and Aurilia and HR's from Griffey and Castro. I think the Reds are fired up because the Reds management showed the team today that they will do whatever they can to improve the team. I know that not everyone will agree that the trade was positive but I know that a trade like this would've never gone down in the past. I think maybe the Reds' players know this too.

captainmorgan07
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
i sure think it did

top6
07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
harangatang, you are a good guy, but with this bullpen I don't want to EVER see this type of post before the game is actually over. ;)

harangatang
07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
harangatang, you are a good guy, but with this bullpen I don't want to EVER see this type of post before the game is actually over. ;)Sorry, I forgot Standridge was still on the roster. ;)

flyer85
07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
it was the bad pitching that did that

Tommyjohn25
07-13-2006, 10:57 PM
I would say it did, I mean if you are one of the key offensive cogs in this lineup, hopw discouraging would it be to put up 7, 8, 9 runs and still see the bullpen blow it night after night. At what point does the offense throw up their hands and say "oh well, what else can I do?" Which is the attitude that breeds complacency. If these guys give the bully a shot in the arm I would think it would do wonders for the morale of the team as a whole.

realreds1
07-13-2006, 11:14 PM
If Majkowski....strike that... Majewski fires this bullpen up, I'll come to the last game of the season dressed like one of the Three Musketeers in his honour!

cumberlandreds
07-14-2006, 08:38 AM
If anything it should have shown that anyone is expendable. That will normally wake a team up at least for a short time.

Krusty
07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I think Standridge earned a demotion back to Louisville after last night's performance.

RedsBaron
07-14-2006, 11:27 AM
If anything should have fired the Reds up it was Dunn's walkoff grand slam of a couple of weeks ago. Instead, the Reds went right into the dumpster after that dramatic win.

Ltlabner
07-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Does it really matter? The experts here already know the long-term outcome of the move within hours of it being made. It's horribe and the franchise as we know it is doomed. ;)

Roy Tucker
07-14-2006, 11:33 AM
They should close GABP. Baseball as we know it is over for Cincinnati. The lemming line for the plunge into the Ohio River forms on Mehring Way. All is lost.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me! (Woe!)
Deep dark depression, excessive misery!
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (woe!)
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

registerthis
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
If Majkowski....strike that... Majewski fires this bullpen up, I'll come to the last game of the season dressed like one of the Three Musketeers in his honour!

For a moment I thought he had coaxed former Packer's QB Don Majikowski out of retirement.

registerthis
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
They should close GABP. Baseball as we know it is over for Cincinnati. The lemming line for the plunge into the Ohio River forms on Mehring Way. All is lost.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me! (Woe!)
Deep dark depression, excessive misery!
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (woe!)
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

Sounds like someone's ripping off Morrissey.

Roy Tucker
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
No. It's Hee Haw.

I have a very cultured background.

registerthis
07-14-2006, 12:12 PM
No. It's Hee Haw.

boy, talk about polar opposite ends of the artistic spectrum... :)

KronoRed
07-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I think they just got fired up after 3 days off :dunno:

zombie-a-go-go
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM

I was thinking Byron, then I remembered that they're the same guy...

Far East
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Standridge earned a demotion back to Louisville after last night's performance.
I don't know what he had done prior to last night, but most of those Thursday night hits he gave up barely -- or maybe a little bit better than barely -- got through or over the infield.

I'd was wanting Jerry to leave in in there, considering how weakly the Rockies were hitting him. OTOH, I'd have yanked him, even with fewer hits given up, if they had been line drives.

RFS62
07-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Does it really matter? The experts here already know the long-term outcome of the move within hours of it being made. It's horribe and the franchise as we know it is doomed. ;)

Apparently Marge was right about the scouts.

She was a visionary, I tell ya.