PDA

View Full Version : Hancock whip under 1.00!

redsupport
07-14-2006, 12:07 AM
whatever culinary and gustatory pleasure he enjoys, it does not seem to adversely effect his performance

EKURed
07-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I bet they wish they had that "statement cut" back. And, seriously, could he have been any more out of shape than Weathers and/or Yan?

Blue
07-14-2006, 12:12 AM
patience, friends, patience...

he'll fall flat soon.

REDREAD
07-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Let's hope the Reds don't send Edwin to the Cards to reacquire him. :lol:

Tornon
07-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I bet they wish they had that "statement cut" back. And, seriously, could he have been any more out of shape than Weathers and/or Yan?

They didn't cut him simply because he was out of shape.. it was the fact that they told him to be at a certain weight and he ignored them. Apparently Weathers & Yan are allowed to be husky

Falls City Beer
07-14-2006, 09:03 AM
patience, friends, patience...

he'll fall flat soon.

He hasn't so far, and I think that's the point.

NJReds
07-14-2006, 09:05 AM
He hasn't so far, and I think that's the point.

Exactly right. And if he was putting up similar numbers here, WK probably doesn't trade two starting players for two middle relievers and junk.

MattyHo4Life
07-14-2006, 09:17 AM
They didn't cut him simply because he was out of shape.. it was the fact that they told him to be at a certain weight and he ignored them.

Then they told him to be at an unrealistic weight. I don't know how you can tell a 27 year old to report to camp at a weight that he hasn't been at since high school and expect him to be able to do it. Sounds like they didn't want him in the first place, and they set him up to be an example from the beginning.

REDREAD
07-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Then they told him to be at an unrealistic weight. I don't know how you can tell a 27 year old to report to camp at a weight that he hasn't been at since high school and expect him to be able to do it. Sounds like they didn't want him in the first place, and they set him up to be an example from the beginning.

Yes. I agree. The Reds are often more worried about sending a message than the big picture. Thank God Naehring is no longer running the farm system. He was the worst at doing dumb things just to send a message. At one point he sent a few players back to extended spring training just because they complained about the food and heat down there to the media after they just left Florida.

BuckeyeRedleg
07-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Who dumped him, DanO or WayneK?

Far East
07-14-2006, 11:19 AM
But the other "fat boy" that I wanted the Reds to keep, Rick White, isn't doing quite as well as Hancock: in 7.2 Phillies' innings an ERA of 4.70, a WHIP of 1.43,
and a BAA of .310. But I really thought that he was "pitching" better towards the end -- pitches other than straight 4-seamers.