PDA

View Full Version : Odalis Perez?

RedsRock
07-14-2006, 09:34 AM
He's obviously someone who could be had for next to nothing, especially after his trash comments of last night. The key is that he is a more of a groundball pitcher (1.62 career ground/fly ratio).

Maybe a change of scenery brings back the 180IP, 3.20 ERA pitcher from 2002and 2004.

Thoughts?

Jpup
07-14-2006, 09:59 AM
He's obviously someone who could be had for next to nothing, especially after his trash comments of last night. The key is that he is a more of a groundball pitcher (1.62 career ground/fly ratio).

Maybe a change of scenery brings back the 180IP, 3.20 ERA pitcher from 2002and 2004.

Thoughts?

stay away, far away. He like giving up homeruns at a rapid pace. Eric Milton Jr.

KronoRed
07-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Milton for Perez

johngalt
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Milton for Perez

Perhaps that trade was already discussed in the offseason...

Reds1
07-14-2006, 06:03 PM
NO way! He also has a big salary. My dad is a dodger fan and he said he knew once Odalis came in last night they were going to lose. We don't need another guy like that and he has a huge contract.

kheidg-
07-16-2006, 07:21 PM
This from Rotoworld

Odalis Perez was roughed up for five runs -- four earned -- in two innings of relief against the Cardinals today.
Perez now has a 7.19 ERA, and it's rather doubtful any contender is going to want to take a chance on him. Even if a contender does, they're still not going to give up anything for him and will want the Dodgers to pay a good chunk of his salary for next season. With the way he feels he's been treated, Perez can take some solace in the fact that he's sticking it to the Dodgers by limiting his trade value.

The only way I'd possibly take a chance on him if we can get him for next to nothing and the Dodgers cover the majority of his salary next season. IMO, he's a better option than Joe Mays or Paul Wilson. I don't see him being an upgrade over Claussen, however.

oregonred
07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
blech.

A lot of people wanted him signed over Milton. Uncle Milty is looking like Steve Carlton this season compared to the 2006 Perez.