PDA

View Full Version : Shortstops Power of Tradition Bobbleheads

crazybob60
07-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Funny how they are celebrating this season with the Power of Tradition at Shortstop and I agree with how Davey and Barry were honored with this, but with Felipe, well with him being shipped out now, it sorta ruins this little promotion they were trying to put together. Do you think they will continue with this type of promotion next year with the positions or do they go with some other players? I still think they need to do Tom Seaver really soon and probably a Sparky Anderson as well. I would say, unless he is traded this season, that Edwin Encarnacion and probably Aaron Harang and/or Bronson Arroyo gets one next year as well. What are other people's thoughts out there on the "Power of Tradition" bobblehead thing now after the trade if anything at all and what about the bobbleheads for next season, any other guesses?

dougdirt
07-15-2006, 01:25 AM
I dont know who will have them next year, but I would show up for Harang and Edwin for sure. Two of my favorite players on the team!

BCubb2003
07-15-2006, 01:28 AM
It goes from Concepcion to Larkin to Lopez to the guy who replaced Ozzie Smith.

Razor Shines
07-15-2006, 01:29 AM
So hold on a second, you don't think that they are in a hurry to produce a bunch of Royce Clayton bobble heads in hopes of having his bobble head night before the end of this season? I've been scouring the news papers and internet trying to figure out when this great day will be.

crazybob60
07-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Well at least Clayton got rid of the dreads, or did he no longer have them in Washington? He was the one with dreads last seaon correct?

KittyDuran
07-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Had the company's season tickets last night... me, Chip, Krono, and deltachi had a great time... and the tickets featured pics of Lopez and Concepcion (no Larkin :( ).

goreds2
07-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Funny how they are celebrating this season with the Power of Tradition at Shortstop and I agree with how Davey and Barry were honored with this, but with Felipe, well with him being shipped out now, it sorta ruins this little promotion they were trying to put together. Do you think they will continue with this type of promotion next year with the positions or do they go with some other players? I still think they need to do Tom Seaver really soon and probably a Sparky Anderson as well. I would say, unless he is traded this season, that Edwin Encarnacion and probably Aaron Harang and/or Bronson Arroyo gets one next year as well. What are other people's thoughts out there on the "Power of Tradition" bobblehead thing now after the trade if anything at all and what about the bobbleheads for next season, any other guesses?

I obtained a Sparky Anderson (Reds uniform) and Tom Seaver (Reds uniform) at the Columbus Clippers three years ago. They are very nice and sitting on my work desk. I can't wait for Dave Concepcion to come out. :)

redsfan30
07-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Had the company's season tickets last night... me, Chip, Krono, and deltachi had a great time... and the tickets featured pics of Lopez and Concepcion (no Larkin :( ).
In fairness....all the season tickets this year have featured a current player along with a player at the same position from back in the day. I haven't seen any ticket so far that has featured three players on it.

I wouldn't read Larkin not being on the ticket with Lopez and Concepcion as anything regarding his status with the organization.

RedFanAlways1966
07-15-2006, 10:27 AM
As a REDS fan... I am happy to see that the marketing department's advertising schemes do not play into management's decisions about the team.

* Felipe does not start on his bobblehead night b/c Narron felt he needed a day off... great!
* Felipe does not become untouchable b/c of the power of tradition at SS marketing campaign... great!

A tradition that I'd rather see is making the playoffs from time-to-time and making moves that might help with that.

SteveJRogers
07-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Didn't Bob Wickman get traded on his Bobblehead day or Poster day in Milwaukee?

I'll give you a real classic though that had me laughing very hard. The Mets the day before starting a new homestand traded Roberto Alomar. Well the first game of the homestand was the release date of the latest game program, and guess who was there on the cover waiting for me to purchase that day.

Yup! Roberto F'N Alomar!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:barf:

Well, I'm not sure how soon after, but the programs were soon replaced, with a cover featuring Ty Wigginton.

I'd let current events be damned and kept the original cover though. Not like the guy died or was in some sort of tragic or henious situation