PDA

View Full Version : 22k on Friday night?

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I realize the Rockies arent exactly a sexy draw, but 22k on a Friday night in the middle of July?

bomarl1969
07-15-2006, 10:51 AM
People we really need to get to the stadium to support our Reds. Lets show the ownership, the team, and MLB that baseball is back in Cincinnati...time to show that the Reds are the pride of Cincinnati.

edabbs44
07-15-2006, 10:52 AM
It's a travesty....and people actually complain about ownership boosting payroll. Disgraceful.

goreds2
07-15-2006, 10:52 AM
It was not Bobble Head night. :D

The losing skid before the break may have hurt them concerning attendance.

KittyDuran
07-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey! I was there... well it was with free company tickets (and parking pass). ;)

Rob Dicken
07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
What the Reds don't get in attendance, they make up for it in concessions, that's for sure.

It's lack of support not showing up to games, but it isn't any better when people leave during the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings of the game because we're down. You never know what is going to happen, and you may miss something memorable....why pay $20-30 a ticket, and leave after a half-game? It just boggles my mind.

KronoRed
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey! I was there... well it was with free company tickets (and parking pass). ;)
And I was there too..with free seats from Kitty :D :D

Blue
07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I was there. Does Deno have range or WHAT?!

reds1869
07-15-2006, 05:58 PM
What the Reds don't get in attendance, they make up for it in concessions, that's for sure.

It's lack of support not showing up to games, but it isn't any better when people leave during the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings of the game because we're down. You never know what is going to happen, and you may miss something memorable....why pay $20-30 a ticket, and leave after a half-game? It just boggles my mind.

Almost everyone in my section left before the Friday night rally against the Tribe. Those of us who stayed to see Dunn hit the walk off grand slam will never forget that moment. Of course, the ones who left probably won't either. :D

DunnFan44
07-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I was in Tampa Bay last week and saw a D-Rays game. It was good, I was shocked. But the main thing that I enjoyed was the Free-Parking. The ownership did away with paying for parking, making the D-Rays the only team in Baseball to offer Free-Parking for all of their fans!!! Just a thought!:)

goreds2
07-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I was in Tampa Bay last week and saw a D-Rays game. It was good, I was shocked. But the main thing that I enjoyed was the Free-Parking. The ownership did away with paying for parking, making the D-Rays the only team in Baseball to offer Free-Parking for all of their fans!!! Just a thought!:)

Very Cool.

goreds2
07-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Almost everyone in my section left before the Friday night rally against the Tribe. Those of us who stayed to see Dunn hit the walk off grand slam will never forget that moment. Of course, the ones who left probably won't either. :D

Not you but do you think a few more people stayed because of the post game fireworks that night?

OSUredsFAN
07-15-2006, 08:45 PM
No you but do you think a few more people stayed because of the post game fireworks that night?

I'm not sure how many people stayed, but if there were no fireworks that night, maybe 10,000 would've witnessed the comeback.

As for Friday nights attendence, its an embarrassment to only have 22K on a Friday night. I have always said that Cincy is not the baseball town as everyone says.

forfreelin04
07-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I think if the Reds put together another 6 game or above winning streak people will be back. Jury is still out on the Reds. History would justify this.

goreds2
07-15-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure how many people stayed, but if there were no fireworks that night, maybe 10,000 would've witnessed the comeback.

As for Friday nights attendence, its an embarrassment to only have 22K on a Friday night. I have always said that Cincy is not the baseball town as everyone says.

I am not trying to prove you wrong but were you at the June 30 game in which Dunn homered? (GO BUCKS!)

Fri., Jun. 30 Indians Fireworks Night presented by National City
Ohio Lottery Fun Friday First 10,000 Fans 18 and Older
Ohio Investigative Unit Player Cards first 5,000 fans 17 and younger

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cin#June

alloverjr
07-16-2006, 12:11 AM

Nor is the team.

CTA513
07-16-2006, 01:07 AM
I didnt go to the game.

:eek:

OSUredsFAN
07-16-2006, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=goreds2]I am not trying to prove you wrong but were you at the June 30 game in which Dunn homered? (GO BUCKS!)

I was not at the game that night, I now live in Chicago, so its hard for to make it down there. I have been to Opening Day (stayed the WHOLE game) and to two games that the Reds have played up here in Wrigley.

Rob Dicken
07-16-2006, 03:01 AM

That's because , no offense, 3/4 of Cincinnati is fair-weather fans. If our team wins, they root for them, but it they lose....all they do is rag on the team and say how if they start winning they will show up to games. I believe the other 1/4 of Cincinnati, is the people at this forum. :thumbup: That no matter the state of the team, The Reds are OUR team.

If you've seen the recent state of the Bengals, you would see the same situation.

KittyDuran
07-16-2006, 10:39 AM
There were 35+K last night (and you got a free hat)... HUMID (but a breeze). Anyhoo, coming home it was a cool 86F degrees. I'm debating whether or not to go to today's game. It is now about 9:40 and I still need to take a shower, get dressed, etc. It takes me about an hour to get to GABP. I have no A/C in my car, so it'll be roasting. We'll see...

redsmetz
07-16-2006, 10:52 AM
My son and I went down, bought a couple of $5.00 tickets and found a nice spot to sit. My son looked over into the section and there sat my nephew and his girlfriend, who had done the same thing we had. I like the 20,000 attendance nights for that reason, but I agree the park should have had more fannies in the seats.

It occurs to me that we're still suffering from the abysmal immediate past. It may take a while to rebuild from that. We're headed in the right direction.

What was attendance last night?

KittyDuran
07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
My son and I went down, bought a couple of $5.00 tickets and found a nice spot to sit. My son looked over into the section and there sat my nephew and his girlfriend, who had done the same thing we had. I like the 20,000 attendance nights for that reason, but I agree the park should have had more fannies in the seats.

It occurs to me that we're still suffering from the abysmal immediate past. It may take a while to rebuild from that. We're headed in the right direction.

What was attendance last night?35,396 (42,271). I was in the last seat in the last row on the 1st base side - $5.