PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain WLW's streaming situation

SteveJRogers
07-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I signed onto MLB's and WLW's stream and they are airing different shows!

Which one is the current WLW radio program, which is internet only? And more importantly, though I'll know the answer momentarilly, which one is airing the HOF inductions today?

redsfan30
07-16-2006, 12:49 PM
MLB does not permit WLW or any other station to carry the game on it's live internet stream. So what WLW does instead during the game is they play other programing on the live stream feed. I believe the stream feed goes back to normal right after the game.

I doubt that the Reds Radio Network will air the inductions.

Matt700wlw
07-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Pregame is streamed.

Game is not.

Postgame is streamed.

If you like Mike McConnell, he will entertain you during baseball :D

SteveJRogers
07-16-2006, 01:00 PM
No I meant at 11:30 I was able to get onto MLB's stream, and it had a different call in show and a different 12noon Inside Pitch than the WLW's stream's Inside Pitch. Right now the streams are insync, well for the next few minutes of course

And sadly I did not get to hear May, Browning and some guy I refuse to admit just got in the Reds HOF get inducted

SteveJRogers
07-16-2006, 01:02 PM
No I meant at 11:30 I was able to get onto MLB's stream, and it had a different call in show and a different 12noon Inside Pitch than the WLW's stream's Inside Pitch. Right now the streams are insync, well for the next few minutes of course

And sadly I did not get to hear May, Browning and some guy I refuse to admit just got in the Reds HOF get inducted

Let me put it this way, no one is advocating Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, Pat Zachry or Doug Flynn into the Mets HOF :bang: :bang: :barf:

Okay, no Kazmir for Zambrano, just a trade that, well, is on the level of Robinson for Pappas!

Steve

redsfan1966
07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
I too am highly disappointed the Reds HOF induction ceremonies are not being broadcasted on WLW...I should have went down today, but thought that the ceremonies were broadcasted last year and gambled they would be today....oh well, I was there last night and saw a great game and met some HOF ers, so I shouldnt complain...