PDA

View Full Version : Bat Hatteberg second, Dunn third, and Jr clean-up

Spitball
07-16-2006, 04:48 PM
The Reds have not lost since the trade, but I'd like to see a line-up change. I'd like to see Hatteberg bat number two, Dunn third, and Griffey clean-up. This would put Hat on base in front of Dunn and the first three hitters on base alot in front of Griffey.

kheidg-
07-16-2006, 05:04 PM
No, I'd keep Dunn batting second. He has been killing the ball since batting there. He sees a lot better pitches batting in front of Griffey - and Griffey will be batting 3rd as long as he is in the lineup. I like Hatte batting either 5 or 6.

RedsManRick
07-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm right there with you spitball, as I posted in the Lopez thread. Hatteberg is the best candidate for #2 on this team. Meanwhile, Junior's OBP% is crap this year.

I'm convinced that...

Freel
Hatteberg
Dunn
Junior
Encarnacion

... is the best top 5 we've got right now.

Spitball
07-16-2006, 05:12 PM
No, I'd keep Dunn batting second. He has been killing the ball since batting there. He sees a lot better pitches batting in front of Griffey - and Griffey will be batting 3rd as long as he is in the lineup. I like Hatte batting either 5 or 6.

The Reds are winning so I hate to suggest change, but I believe Dunn would have more RBI opportunities and Hat more chances to score. Besides, Dunn would still be batting in front of Griffey, who has batted clean-up in a Cincy uniform, btw.

Redhook
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
The Reds have not lost since the trade, but I'd like to see a line-up change. I'd like to see Hatteberg bat number two, Dunn third, and Griffey clean-up. This would put Hat on base in front of Dunn and the first three hitters on base alot in front of Griffey.

I would love to see Dunn batting 3rd and Griffey 4th. Makes alot of sense. Hatteberg batting second is a good idea only if we're facing a right-handed pitcher. 3 lefties in a row is alot IMO. I really think a lineup that is more consistent would lead to more consistent production. I still don't know why Narron doesn't understand that. Now that we have a new shortstop and right fielder I believe our lineup should be something like this:

Phillips/Freel
Denorfia/Phillips
Dunn
JR
EE
Hatteberg/Aurilia
Clayton/Castro - it really sucks typing their names in there
Catcher

Dunn, Jr, and EE 3-5 needs to be set in stone. Two speedy guys in front of them with Hatte/RA and the scrubs behind them.

Spitball
07-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm right there with you spitball, as I posted in the Lopez thread. Hatteberg is the best candidate for #2 on this team. Meanwhile, Junior's OBP% is crap this year.

I'm convinced that...

Freel
Hatteberg
Dunn
Junior
Encarnacion

I just saw your post on the other thread and responded. :thumbup:

dabvu2498
07-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Phillips/Freel
Denorfia/Phillips
Dunn
JR
EE
Hatteberg/Aurilia
Clayton/Castro - it really sucks typing their names in there
Catcher

Ditto!!!

You help yourself at two of the most crucial positions in the order: 3 and 4. The only thing I would worry about is that Dunn might take this as another attempt to mess with his approach and might slump as a result of any change at the moment.

reds44
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM

I'm convinced that...

Freel
Hatteberg
Dunn
Junior
Encarnacion

:thumbup:

WMR
07-16-2006, 06:12 PM

I'm convinced that...

Freel
Hatteberg
Dunn
Junior
Encarnacion

I'd be cool with that.

I might also try flipping EdE and Hatte. (esp. VS. LHSP)

TOBTTReds
07-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Send this thread to front office!

I think a lot of people have been saying this for a long time (cough cough, me). It kills me to think Narron thinks that Dunn is hitting well here because of the 2 hole. It's bc he is in front of GRIFFEY!

MaineRed
07-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Is Griffey open to hitting 4th or 5th?

If not, the only way to keep Dunn in front of Junior is to hit him second.

StillFunkyB
07-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Is Griffey open to hitting 4th or 5th?

If not, the only way to keep Dunn in front of Junior is to hit him second.

I can see Jr not wanting to move from center to left or right, however I don't see him having a problem with hitting 4th, IMO.

KySteveH
07-17-2006, 03:23 AM
I can see Jr not wanting to move from center to left or right, however I don't see him having a problem with hitting 4th, IMO.
http://www.cincypost.com/2004/05/07/reds05-07-2004.html

MaineRed
07-17-2006, 06:22 AM
OK, Junior hit 5th for a day. But how long did it last?

I don't dispute the logic behind moving Junior. I just wonder if he does.

Redhook
07-17-2006, 06:29 AM
http://www.cincypost.com/2004/05/07/reds05-07-2004.html

Good research there. I doubt any of us were there so we don't really know how upset he was batting 5th. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. I could see him being upset batting 5th now, but I don't think he'd be upset batting 4th. I think he'd have more RBI opportunities and he's our most consistent guy at driving in runs. When your goal is to win the world series, why in the world would you be upset moving positions or a spot in the batting order if it's best for the team?

markymark69
07-17-2006, 09:11 AM

I agree, Dunn has really taken to the No. 2 spot and Hatteberg's bat is smoking right now and Griffey's best spot is No. 3.

ThatPitchIsDunn
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Didn't we try EE at cleanup for a while early on? I also hate to mess with things when we're winning, but Freel/Deno, Dunn, Jr, EE, Hatte interests me a great deal.

Highlifeman21
07-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Didn't we try EE at cleanup for a while early on? I also hate to mess with things when we're winning, but Freel/Deno, Dunn, Jr, EE, Hatte interests me a great deal.

Agreed.

Superman
Dunn
Jr
EE
Mr. Hat
Aurillia
Phillips
Catcher du Jour

Now if Narron would grow a pair, or have some sense, then maybe we'd see something like...

Superman
Dunn
Jr
EE
Mr. Hat
Phillips
Catcher du Jour
Freel

Wishful thinking I suppose...