PDA

View Full Version : National League Wild Card leaders!

Rocket_Fuel
07-16-2006, 06:52 PM
After all the up and downs and inconsistency the Reds will end the weekend with a 2.5 game lead in the Wild Card. Tuesday's series will be the battle of the East leading Mets for the Wild Card leading Reds, and if the playoffs started today would be the first round matchup. We have come a long way guys! Still a LONG season, but a beautiful season so far! And we have a management that will actually do whatever it takes to help the Reds win instead of leaving them twisting and hanging. How sweet it is! :beerme:

harangatang
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
While in years past the Reds would be no where near the top in Wild Card standings at least they are taking advantage of a weak NL. If they do make the playoffs though they have a chance with a 1-2 punch of Arroyo and Harang and a better bullpen with Guardado, Bray, and a healthy Mercker. We all know the offense will be OK as long as we don't trade much more of it. I hesistate to say this because I feel every game is important and people have said this about almost every series this year. I think the series against the Mets will tell alot about the new-look Reds. The Rockies aren't a bad team, they were 1 game above .500 like the Reds coming into this past series, but we'll see what happens this week against NY.