PDA

View Full Version : FSN broadcasting

keeganbrick
07-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Why did they not broadcast any of the games in the Colorado series? They aren't going to do any of the Brewers series either but then it looks like they go back to normal.

Jpup
07-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Why did they not broadcast any of the games in the Colorado series? They aren't going to do any of the Brewers series either but then it looks like they go back to normal.

George is in St. Louis visiting with Jim and Albert.

KronoRed
07-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Vacation time

keeganbrick
07-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks, did not know that.

Redhook
07-16-2006, 09:16 PM
George is in St. Louis visiting with Jim and Albert.

:laugh:

Why, does Georgy need some more Edmonds material to talk about during Reds games? He couldn't have possibly ran out, has he? Or, is he going there to confess his man love for Jim and Albert?

keeganbrick
07-16-2006, 09:18 PM
:laugh:

Why, does Georgy need some more Edmonds material to talk about during Reds games? He couldn't have possibly ran out, has he? Or, is he going there to confess his man love for Jim and Albert?
During the last series I think he said "Jimmy Edmonds" about 1,400 times.

Phhhl
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I can't complain. They are showing a TON of games overall. Still nothing like going to the park, though.

Jpup
07-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I thought getting to watch the FSN Rocky Mtn crew was very enjoyable. Those guys are pretty good.

Redhook
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
During the last series I think he said "Jimmy Edmonds" about 1,400 times.

He must be having withdrawal since we haven't played the Cards in over a month and we don't see them again until August. I think he needed a quick fix ;) .

keeganbrick
07-16-2006, 09:25 PM
He must be having withdrawal since we haven't played the Cards in over a month and we don't see them again until August. I think he needed a quick fix ;) .
I meant the last series we played against the Cardinals.

I cant tell if you were trying to be a smart butt here, sorry.

goreds2
07-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I heard when the Reds had a successful April, FSN picked up 15 more games.

MaineRed
07-16-2006, 09:32 PM
The Rockie announcers were pretty good. The one guy (can't remember his name) sounded so much like Buck Martinez that I couldn't get it out of my head that it wasn't him.

Good job by them. Very, very fair. I recall them giving credit where credit was due instead of the normal, "Rockies can't catch a break." Or, "if you want to compete, you need to beat teams like the Reds".

keeganbrick
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I just love listening to the White Sox announcers :bang:

MaineRed
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
I love Hawk Harrelson's HR call for the opposing team:!

"Pitch to Griffey .................

OK, here comes Aurillia. Forget about it Mark. Get this guy at the plate."

So proffesional.

BoomerSoonerRed
07-17-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm still tense that we didn't get the exciting last two games over the Rockies on the Extra Innings package.
But thank heaven for XM. I went out to my car (even in the searing 100-degree heat) and got to listen to both Reds' last at-bats over the last two days.

Jpup
07-17-2006, 01:57 AM
The Rockie announcers were pretty good. The one guy (can't remember his name) sounded so much like Buck Martinez that I couldn't get it out of my head that it wasn't him.

Good job by them. Very, very fair. I recall them giving credit where credit was due instead of the normal, "Rockies can't catch a break." Or, "if you want to compete, you need to beat teams like the Reds".

I thought he sounded a lot like Buck Martinez as well, which isn't a bad thing IMO. George Frazier is his name. Here is his baseball-reference link: http://www.baseball-reference.com/f/frazige01.shtml