PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go in the Reds HOF this weekend?

OnBaseMachine
07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I went in on Saturday night and again on Sunday afternoon and recieved a Tom Seaver and Tom Browning replica HOF plaque. Many former Reds' greats were in attendenace shaking hands and taking pictures with the players - off the top of my head: Clay Carroll, Wayne Granger, Gary Nolan, Jack Billingham, Jim Maloney, O'Toole, Cardenes, Helms, Nuxhall, Lynch, Browning, Seaver, Lee May, Ted Kluszewski's sister, Gus Bell's sister(I think it was his sister), Concepcion, Griffey Sr., Foster, Tony Perez. Johnny Bench was supposed to be in there but he didn't show up until the ceremonies on the field.

I had the honer of shaking Joe Nuxhall's hand. I absolutely love that guy. Just an all-around great guy.

My dad felt like a giddy little school girl after he shook hands with some of the Big Red Machine players. Like a lot of people on here, he grew up watching the BRM and his favorite player of all-time ios Johnny Bench, so he was naturally a little disappointed when he didn't get to meet Bench.

Overall, I had a good time. I recommend everyone to visit the Reds Hall of Fame if you haven't already. Lots of good stuff in there, you can just feel all of the history of the franchise when you walk in.

Ltlabner
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1068387#post1068387

I did also OBM and had a very simular experience. Here's a link to the thread I started about it. It was a memorble experience and it was awesome to share it with my father.

Wasn't meeting all of those guys awe inspiring?

redsfan30
07-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I've met a decent amount of players before, but I was literally intimidated by meeting the likes of Nuxhall, Griffey, Perez and Concepcion.

It was something I'm going to remember for a very long time to come.