PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Replacement..

RedLegSuperStar
07-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Narron has just about coached his way past Dusty Baker.. No but he does still have this team in a hunt for a playoff spot.. but if he continues at this pace this team may finish much like the Nationals did last season. Knowing Narron got an extention just about a month ago... whould they void it and pay him a settlement and if so who would be a replacement?

I want Sweet Lou.

I say this because Lou wants to win. He tried his hand at a rebuilding process and that didn't suit him and may of even hurt his resume as a manager. Cast will give Krivsky the dough (not Yankee/Boston/O's/Stros money.. but maybe St. Louis money) to get the talent in the offseason and that might be enough to pursuade Lou to come to Cincy.

Reds4Life
07-18-2006, 10:47 PM
If he finishes with a winning record, even if they don't make the playoffs, he ain't going anywhere.

I'd love to see Lou come back too, but if there was any possible chance of him coming here I doubt they would have given Narron the extension. I wouldn't be suprised if Joe Torre retires after this season and Lou returns to NY.

TheBigLebowski
07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
What Narron did tonight is evidence enough that he is a poor manager.

Marc D
07-18-2006, 11:02 PM
The people who support Narron always fall back to his slightly above .500 record while havining the worst pen in MLB. I said earlier this year that I had a feeling Krivsky would take away the "he hasn't had any pitching excuse" sooner rather than later and then we'd see what Narron was made of. Great start by Jerry in proving me right unfortunately. I'd rather be 100% wrong and see the Reds win.

George Foster
07-18-2006, 11:14 PM
worse move, or lack of a move all year. Period. Not even close.

redsrule2500
07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Lou would be awesome, although it's not gonna happen.

The Reds would have to do terrible for Narron to leave.

realreds1
07-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I got sick to my stomach when I saw Milton throwing fat ones to load the bases - and no relief in sight. You now have a bullpen (supposedly), why not use it? Especially when your FLY BALL pitcher's arm is about to fall off? Facing a long ball threat in Beltran?

I'm not happy either.

kyred14
07-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Narron's managing tonight was indefensible. There are many, many members of Redszone that I would rather have managing the Reds than Narron. Tonight, Narron officially joined the Miley/Boone club of bad managing.

TheBigLebowski
07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
He has reached Mileyville, but he is not yet made it to Booneopolis.

Just think..we could have had Willie Randolph.

WMR
07-19-2006, 12:04 AM
I'd take Willy Wonka and a couple Oompa Loompas

KronoRed
07-19-2006, 01:28 AM
*Raisor mode*
Larry Dierker

Nugget
07-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Has anyone considered that the REDS were trying to "showcase" Milton for a trade. If he got through the 7th then maybe someone was going to pull the trigger!

KronoRed
07-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Someone outta pull the trigger allright.

Ron Madden
07-19-2006, 05:16 AM
The Reds would have to do terrible for Narron to leave.

Let me start by saying I Love THE REDS always have always will.

I hate to make what will be read and understood as a negative post by many of my fellow Reds Fans but here is my opinion.

I have no doubt that Jerry Narron knows baseball and understands his players far more than I do. I like Narron, he seems to be a great guy. IMHO he will never be a very good Manager.

Jerry knows teams win with pitching and defense. The main problem is Jerry has little to no understanding of eighther.

Narron might get lucky and have a winning season but it would be luck.

I believe Narron is poor at handeling a pitching staff, bad at line up construction, and a terrible judge of defensive talent.

I hope I'm wrong.

MrCinatit
07-19-2006, 08:26 AM
The Reds have a winning record in spite of Narron, not because of him.
Many were calling for Milton to be pulled after the fifth. Yet Narron stood in the dugout, seemingly transfixed by the brilliance which was Eric Milton.
I will repeat what I have said many times: As long as we have a second-rate manager and the helm, this will be a second-rate ballclub. I shudder to think of the moves this guy would make in a playoff series.

Yachtzee
07-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi, we're the Replacements!

http://www.twintone.com/mats-scrapbook/ttpromo/mats8504.jpeg

flyer85
07-19-2006, 10:01 AM
They gave him an extension, he isn't going anywhere. A single decision like last night(and though not as bad in the other case) got a manager fired in recent years. All the data say that pitching Milton after 60 pitches and more than twice through the order is a huge risk. Narron has consistently ignored that data with Milton and left him in to have games fall comfortably out of reach.

smith288
07-19-2006, 10:04 AM
We need to start compiling these decisions into a nicely formatted document and have it forwarded to Krivsky

Have it signed "Love, RedsZone"

Ron Madden
07-20-2006, 04:08 AM
They gave him an extension, he isn't going anywhere. A single decision like last night(and though not as bad in the other case) got a manager fired in recent years. All the data say that pitching Milton after 60 pitches and more than twice through the order is a huge risk. Narron has consistently ignored that data with Milton and left him in to have games fall comfortably out of reach.

There is a world of difference between Pedro and Milton.
but not so much difference between the so called "old school managers" who find themselves at the helm of almost every MLB club today. This is interesting.

Please don't take me wrong here. I love the continuity and tradition of the game. It just seems silly to me why most teams are run in much the same way thety were 75 years ago.

In todays world we all have access to valuable information. If Ownership would hire some so called "stat heads" to work with the "old school" scouts and give both equal weight things could very well change for the better.

sorry for jumping the track.