PDA

View Full Version : Shea Hillenbrand

keeganbrick
07-20-2006, 12:54 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5799358

After being DFA by the Jays any chance the Reds would take a long look at him being the right handed bat we are looking for?

The Baumer
07-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Sounds like people were jerking Shea around backstage and he finally had enough. It's unfortunate that he felt the need to lash out because now the organization can just step back and say "Wow, that dude's crazy. Look at his outburst. He's been a cancer all along." Dude left for a few days to adopt a child, he didn't injure his hand in a bar fight.

keeganbrick
07-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Quoted from a Jays fan

Rios and Glaus are injured day-to-day and Hillenbrand decides to take 6 days off in the middle of the season to adopt a child (didn't bother using the All-Star Break), leaving the Jays with 2 bench players for 6 games. He shows up today and isn't in the lineup and says:
"I love my teammates, but I'm just waiting to be traded. I should have been traded 2 months ago." ...and plenty of other unpleasant things.

KronoRed
07-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a super guy to have in the clubhouse ;)

Blue
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
He'll wind up with the Padres, you heard it here first.

jmcclain19
07-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Shea actually donated the money to build a YMCA field just around the corner from my house. I drive by the big sign labeled "Shea Hillenbrand Field" all the time.

That being said

Hillenbrand - .301BA/.342OBP/.480SLG/.822OPS in 316PA
Hatteberg -.311BA/.409OBP/.484SLG/.893OPS in 299PA
Aurilia - .275BA/.329OBP/.489SLG/.812OPS in 249PA

He's pretty much exactly what the Reds already havetwo carbon copies of. Both with similar batting numbers and with the leather. A former left side of the infield type who can't really play anywhere except 1B anymore (Although that doesn't stop Narron with Aurilia)

Mario-Rijo
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Blue He'll wind up with the Padres, you heard it here first.

You are probably right as I saw on the ESPN bottomline that they dumped Vinny Castilla. Oddly enough it wasn't too awful long after Hillenbrand was DFA.

MartyFan
07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Honestly...the way adoption works I doubt he could make a "for sure" schedule of when and where he would be...besides, adopting a child is bigger than any game or any "team"...the Jays fans need to get over themselves.

markymark69
07-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Honestly...the way adoption works I doubt he could make a "for sure" schedule of when and where he would be...besides, adopting a child is bigger than any game or any "team"...the Jays fans need to get over themselves.

You are correct. As I posted on another thread concerning this, I went through the adoption process and you don't get to dictate the schedule of things. It happens when it happens and a person has to make the best of it. And, it is a wonderful thing!