PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen is Supreme

redsupport
07-20-2006, 01:00 AM
what an amazing victory, the bullpen was so efficient it reminded me of the days of Jerry Spradlin, Scott Terry and Joe Edelen

Tom Servo
07-20-2006, 01:14 AM
I wonder if Jerry spiked the water in the pen with something at GABP over the break.

tripleaaaron
07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
I wonder if Jerry spiked the water in the pen with something at GABP over the break.
no, it was krivsky with his trade, perform, or we will replace you w/ someone who will

KoryMac5
07-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Jerry Spradlin didn't he used to be mayor and have a famous talk show ;)

smith288
07-20-2006, 09:11 AM
I think I saw Jerry on the phone with Krivs during the rain delay being reminded that there is new blood beyond the outfield fence and to use them this time.

Dunner44
07-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I was impressed with Standridge... he got out of 2 innings on only 13 pitches, even after allowing a hit. Of those 13, eleven we for strikes, so his control was on last night, whereas sometimes he can get a little wild. Kudos JS.

lollipopcurve
07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I was impressed with Standridge... he got out of 2 innings on only 13 pitches, even after allowing a hit. Of those 13, eleven we for strikes, so his control was on last night, whereas sometimes he can get a little wild. Kudos JS.

Agreed. I can't dismiss Standridge out of hand -- sometimes he looks very good. Also interesting that last night was a back-to-back outing. A hard fastball that moves and a solid breaking pitch. He's still a bit raw and will be inconsistent. But because he was converted to relief only last year, I'm saying some patience is in order.