PDA

View Full Version : The Contender Season 2

Dom Heffner
07-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Anyone watch this?

I miss Sly, but the fights were pretty good all and all. It was awesome to see Michael Clark go down after running his mouth.

Steve4192
07-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I haven't had a chance to catch Season 2 yet. I saw it on the channel listing and figured that ESPN had bought the syndication rights to season 1. I didn't even realize that it was a new show until, while channel surfing past ESPN, I caught a glimspe of Sergio Mora sitting next to Sugar Ray during a fight.

I watched season 1 when it came out, but was quickly turned off by the packaging of all the fighters as 'saintly family men' and the fact that all of the fights were chopped up in the editing room and then set to music. I would have like the show much better if the fights were uncut and they stopped trying to convince me that every fighter on the show was the 'worlds greatest dad/husband/son'. The show felt like it was produced for the Disney Channel.

I prefer the UFC equivalent, the Ultimate Fighter. They don't edit their fights and they don't try to portray every one of their fighters as a saint. Some guys come off looking like wonderful family men, but many of 'em come off looking like the immature young jocks that they are.

Red in Chicago
07-22-2006, 05:27 PM
like the captain, i also thought this was just season 1 rehashed on another channel...i would have watched it otherwise, as i really enjoyed the show...

cincy09
07-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Love the show, but also agree that the chopped up fights are stupid. It would be much better if they skipped some of the family "reality show" stuff, and showed more of the fights.