PDA

View Full Version : Stat Help Please!

Edskin
07-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I want to make a few points, but my talent for finding such knowledge is terrible. Three questions:

What is our overall record since Narron took over?
What was our overall record in the five full seasons before Narron took over?
What is Brandon Phillips' OBP in late innings (7-9) of 2-1 run games?

Thanks in advance.

BCubb2003
07-22-2006, 01:02 PM
1. 97-92

2. 374-436 (2000 to 2004)

3. Close and late, it's .381

westofyou
07-22-2006, 01:07 PM
What is Brandon Phillips' OBP in late innings (7-9) of 2-1 run games?

Good luck with that, that's a game log query if there ever was one.

BrooklynRedz
07-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Good luck with that, that's a game log query if there ever was one.

Somewhat off-topic perhaps, but is there a resource (aside from Elias) for such a query?

BCubb2003
07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Here's a game log for Phillips, but to pull out how many times he got on base in the 7th, 8th and 9th when the score was 2-1 (or was the question about 2- or 1-run lead) you'd have to go through every one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6857/gamelog

Edskin
07-22-2006, 05:17 PM
It was about a 2 or 1 run game-- sorry, I should have been more specific. I still believe in "clutch" players, but I don't think they've yet determined a way to calculate it because it's very hard to define a "clutch" situation.

Thanks for the info everyone.

My point on Narron is a pretty simple one: He's produced pretty good results. Results that have been FAR superior to those who came before him.

For a guy that gets ripped to shreds around here (I hear "idiot" and "moron" daily), he's gotten the Reds to a much more respectable place than any of our previous attempts in the past several years.

I think it's too "old school" and I'm not a big fan of his line-up construction, but I do think he's a good leader, which is very important over a 162 game season.

Perhaps our increased winning % is simply a coincidence since he's been here. But I have a feeling it's not. Just wanted to stand up for a guy that his team leading the wild card standings in late July.

Edskin
07-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah, my point on Phillips is that he's seemed to be in the midst of most our dramatic wins this year. Turnbow actually looked decent in that first AB last night, but Phillips battled him, got that single, and then Turnbow imploded.