PDA

View Full Version : You predict: Soriano to the ___?___for__?__.

Spitball
07-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Anyone care to make some predictions about possible trades as the deadline nears?

I predict Soriano goes to the Angels for Adam Kennedy, Jeff Mathis, Chris Bootcheck, Joe Saunders, and Nick Gorneault.

Mark Redman to the Reds for Phil Drumatrait and William Bergolla.

Anybody else willing to put his/her psychic reputation on the line? I'm certain there will be lots of rep points awarded for correct calls.

RedsMan3203
07-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Soriano to the Twins.

RedLegSuperStar
07-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Alfonso Soriano to DET
Zach Miner, Humberto Sancez to WAS

Some Reds Hopefuls:

Scott Williamson to CIN
Brandon Harris to CHI

Kyle Lohse to CIN
Phil Dumatrait, Jeff Bannon to MIN

Shawn Chacon and Melky Cabrera to CIN
Ryan Freel, Tyler Pelland, and PTBN to Yankees

RedsMan3203
07-22-2006, 04:55 PM
No way do you do the Lohse deal. We already have Mays... Don't need Lohse.

Radke? Yes.. Lohse? No.

Joseph
07-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Alfonso Soriano to the Chicago Cubs for Juan Pierre, Rich Hill, Todd Walker, 2 MiL arms.

Krusty
07-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Anyone care to make some predictions about possible trades as the deadline nears?

I predict Soriano goes to the Angels for Adam Kennedy, Jeff Mathis, Chris Bootcheck, Joe Saunders, and Nick Gorneault.

Mark Redman to the Reds for Phil Drumatrait and William Bergolla.

Anybody else willing to put his/her psychic reputation on the line? I'm certain there will be lots of rep points awarded for correct calls.

Love both deals. IMO, Redman for those two sounds fair.

WVRedsFan
07-22-2006, 05:28 PM

A slobberknocker, right Krusty?

KronoRed
07-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I predict Soriano goes nowhere, Bowden won't move him

Krusty
07-22-2006, 06:01 PM
A slobberknocker, right Krusty?

We already have had our slobberknocker with Washington.

But if Krivsky really wanted to send shockwaves, he would do this deal with the Fishes:

Claussen, Bailey, Encarncion and Dumtrait to the Marlins for Willis and Cabrera.

Marc D
07-22-2006, 06:10 PM

If they eat his contract. If not they shouldn't get both imo.

Spitball
07-22-2006, 06:10 PM

But if Krivsky really wanted to send shockwaves, he would do this deal with the Fishes:

Claussen, Bailey, Encarncion and Dumtrait to the Marlins for Willis and Cabrera.

This would be a sweet deal and would make sense for both teams. The Marlins would get inexpensive potential and the Reds would get young difference makers who would put them solidly in charge of the wild card race while making the Central a real possibility this season and beyond.

PuffyPig
07-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Alfonso Soriano to the Chicago Cubs for Juan Pierre, Rich Hill, Todd Walker, 2 MiL arms.

Why would the Cubs want a FA to be?

And why would the Nationals want a mish mash of crap?

THe nationals will move Soriano for primo prospect types.

Buckeye33
07-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Come on folks, there just isn't anyway the Reds are going to get Willis or Cabrera. Let alone both.

The Reds would have a much much better chance to get Tejada before either of the Fish. And even that is very very remote.

Krusty
07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Come on folks, there just isn't anyway the Reds are going to get Willis or Cabrera. Let alone both.

The Reds would have a much much better chance to get Tejada before either of the Fish. And even that is very very remote.

Listen, if Bowden can reel in a starting shortstop and rightfielder for two middle relievers and a veteran shortstop, I'm casting my line.

I think the biggest hangup is whether to part with Bailey.

Spitball
07-22-2006, 06:31 PM
If they eat his contract. If not they shouldn't get both imo.

The Reds wouldn't be the only team vying for Redman with good but not great prospects. If they demand the Royals eat his contract, I believe they'd look elsewhere. After holding Boston to one run this past week, pitching desperate teams (any of those around?) are going to start believing this guy might be better than he really is.

And, hey, we are talking about the Royals. Where is the pity? ;)

Strikes Out Looking
07-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Soriano to the Yankees for A-Rod--the circle is complete.

Highlifeman21
07-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Listen, if Bowden can reel in a starting shortstop and rightfielder for two middle relievers and a veteran shortstop, I'm casting my line.

I think the biggest hangup is whether to part with Bailey.

Essentially Bailey for Willis? and EE for Cabrera? I don't think that's enough for either one. And if you package Willis and Cabrera in the same deal, we'd have to toss in Bailey, Wood, probably Bruce along with EE and probably Claussen.

While I hope Krivsky's not done dealing, I think we're gonna see status quo for the rest of the year.

Heath
07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm consulting Richard Dawson & Brett Somers for the definative answers to the "blanks"

wah-boomba-boomba-wah-boomba-boomba-wah

Joseph
07-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Why would the Cubs want a FA to be?

And why would the Nationals want a mish mash of crap?

THe nationals will move Soriano for primo prospect types.

Jim Bowden is their GM. :)

RedlegJake
07-23-2006, 02:17 AM
If Redman can be had for those two I'd sure do it.