PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for what prospects will be with the Reds and lineups by 09

cjtenn28
07-22-2006, 08:47 PM
For fun, lets try to predict what prospects will be getting to the show by 09. Keep in mind all prospects keep on course, stay healthy and still in the system by 09.

Here we go...
C David Ross, Miguel Perez any other catching prospects. Not sure if I still have hope that Sardinha's bat will ever come around.

1st Joey Votto

2nd Freel, Bergollia, Herr, ??

SS Brandan Phillips, not sure if any of the low A players now will make the jump up

3rd Edwin Encarnarcion, BJ Symanski

LF Adam Dunn

CF Jay Bruce

RF Ken Griffey Jr.

Bench: Denorfia, Stubbs getting a call up, Moran

SP Homer Bailey
SP Aaron Harang
SP Bronson Arroyo
SP Travis Wood
SP Jonny Cueto/Zach Ward

CL Todd Coffey
RP Tyler Pelland, David Shafer, Brey, Phil Dumatrait, Calvin Medlock, Standridge, Shakelford, Sean Watson

Not an exact list and I know I am missing someone. What says you??

TOBTTReds
07-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I subtract:

BJ is an outfielder, but I would remove him from the list. I think he is about done being a ML prospect, if not, then it will take longer than 09 to get here. I don't have hope of Stubbs being a ML hitter by then.
Griffey might not be around in 09 either, there is a team option that year, and he might be dealt by that point.

I add:
Justin Mallett (old fav of mine, a reliever)
Paul Janish is a possibility to be a glover like Castro

TOBTTReds
07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I also add Brad Salmon hopefully. Not sure how old he is but has great numbers at AAA right now.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Salmon%20&pos=P&sid=t416&t=p_pbp&pid=445104

RedBengal
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I would subtract either Standridge or Shackelford for Majewski, but that's it. If that starting rotation would hold up, I believe it would be one of the best in the league.

cjtenn28
07-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I would subtract either Standridge or Shackelford for Majewski, but that's it. If that starting rotation would hold up, I believe it would be one of the best in the league.

I would like to see them lock up Harang and Arroyo to long term deals and with the prospects of having Bailey, Wood, Cueto and Ward cracking the rotation. Things look VERY promising for homegrown pitching. Could we be seeing the Reds turning into the A's or Twins, homegrown pitching and talent and perennial playoff team.