PDA

View Full Version : Rob Stratton signed

Team Clark
07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
July 20, 2006: Joliet JackHammers - Assigned IF Chad Ehrnsberger to the disabled list, retroactive to July 5. Signed OF Melvin Nieves and OF Robert Stratton.

Wow.. how far has he fallen off the radar?

icehole3
07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I have a question, whats your take on the firing of the Dayton Dragons coach and do you have any input on the new guy?

icehole3
07-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Sorry, I didnt see the thread for the Dayton Dragons coach, sorry.

Heath
07-23-2006, 10:48 AM
July 20, 2006: Joliet JackHammers - Assigned IF Chad Ehrnsberger to the disabled list, retroactive to July 5. Signed OF Melvin Nieves and OF Robert Stratton.

Wow.. how far has he fallen off the radar?

To bring this back to topic -

It is amazing to me how a hole in a swing from a physically immense individual can be detected and uncorrected.

Shoulda been a D-Ray - he'd lose some weight at 1st picking Upton ;)

Maybe he's taking lessons from the "Morgan Burkhart School of Independent Baseball Career Advancement".

Joseph
07-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Didn't Mel Nieves, the other player signed, used to be a big time prospect and a former Redleg also?

KoryMac5
07-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Melvin Nieves was once a big time prospect with Atlanta. He was dealt to the Padres for Fred Mcgriff. Trade went down as one of the most lopsided in recent history.

Melvin Nieves, Vince Moore, and Donnie Elliott for Fred McGriff (1993)

He played for the Reds in 1998 He was acquired by Bowden for Donnie Wall and Paul Bako. Had a little boy who died of a heart condition while playing for the Reds Minor League Affiliate.

Team Clark
07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
To bring this back to topic -

It is amazing to me how a hole in a swing from a physically immense individual can be detected and uncorrected.

Shoulda been a D-Ray - he'd lose some weight at 1st picking Upton ;)

Maybe he's taking lessons from the "Morgan Burkhart School of Independent Baseball Career Advancement".

I would have recommended Stratton. Honestly, I had not noticed he was not in Louisville.

Hey... Burkhart was pretty darn good.