PDA

View Full Version : Why Hit Milton in the Sixth

redsupport
07-24-2006, 12:18 PM
The best he can do is six innings, there are only twleve outs to play with, you are dooming the sixth to a zero if you lead off with an out, yet he bats Milton. Why doesn't someone ask this manager who leads with his mitral valve, a reasonable question such as Why bat Milton if you are statisically likely to remove him in the next inning. Is this playing the game the "right way"

IrishDavidKY
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I thought the same thing. I was surprised when he wasn't taken down for a PH.

goreds2
07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Why hit Milton in the sixth on Sunday?

We have a terrible UNIMPROVED bullpen which would have had a day of rest following day.

:bang: ;) :rolleyes:

fielder's choice
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Umm, because Narron's an idiot? :help:

cumberlandreds
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
The BP had been used quite a bit the previous two games. So I suppose Narron was trying squeeze as much as he could out of Milton. But with an off day today I think I would have PH for him.

RedsFanInMD
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
My guess is that Narron was worried about a tired BP after the extra innings work in the Mets finale, the 7 innings of work in the Thursday rain delay (after Harang only went 2 innings), EZ's short work on Friday, and Joe Mays' low output on Saturday.

Still, with an off-day today -- and knowing Milton's MO for coming apart after 6 innings of work, Narron should have known better.

smith288
07-24-2006, 02:00 PM
The last time Narron tried to "squeeze" more out Milton, he gave up a grand slam the following mound visit.

There should be a new Man-Law prohibiting Milton from pitching past 6.

Read my sig.

oneupper
07-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Just from an offensive standpoint, PH was mandated. The team was down by 2 and the pitchers' spot was leading off (a very important AB).

Throw in the other considerations...

(ah, why bother, Narron will never learn...)

RichRed
07-24-2006, 02:23 PM
The little head-banging-against-a-wall smilie isn't emphatic enough to describe how I feel about Narron's decisions. But it'll have to do.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: