PDA

View Full Version : Kurkjian (ESPN) says White Sox extremely close to landing Soriano

RedsRock
07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
possibly for Brandon McCarthy and others.

Hooligan
07-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Looks like the ChiSox are working the phones trying to acquire Soriano and MacDougal. Could open the flood gates.

flyer85
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
If the floodgates open what will likely end up happening is the Reds will be in a lot worse position at the end of it than they are right now. The Reds made their move and the result was a question as to whether the change made any real improvement, especially in terms of run differential.

Heath
07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
If the floodgates open what will likely end up happening is the Reds will be in a lot worse position at the end of it than they are right now. The Reds made their move and the result was a question as to whether the change made any real improvement, especially in terms of run differential.

I think they have a shot at some type of breathing starting pitcher that will be better than Milton or Mays. And what little Minor League fodder is here will be gone.

Brandon McCarthy in RFK could be down right nasty. But he's dealing with Jim Bowden who may not be able to handle good pitching when he sees it.

KronoRed
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Will the tigers react? Twins?

BRM
07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
SouthSideSox.com reporting it's Tyler Lumsden and Dan Cortes going to Chicago for Mike MacDougal.

bucksfan
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Tigers really only "glaring need" is a strong LH bat. Of course team can alway s improve, even their strengths, but that is all I would see them trying for (not that I know anything).

Heath
07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
SouthSideSox.com reporting it's Tyler Lumsden and Dan Cortez going to Chicago for Mike MacDougal.

He's never been the same since he left MTV and became a character actor.

Heath
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
SouthSideSox.com reporting it's Tyler Lumsden and Dan Cortez going to Chicago for Mike MacDougal.

soxtalk.com said 670AM out of Chicago says it's a done deal.

Joseph
07-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Tigers really only "glaring need" is a strong LH bat. Of course team can alway s improve, even their strengths, but that is all I would see them trying for (not that I know anything).

You know I keep hearing that, but they are, according to MLB This Morning, hitting better against RH's then LHs so is there really a need for a LH hitter?

BRM
07-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Oops. It's fixed. ;)

bucksfan
07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
You know I keep hearing that, but they are, according to MLB This Morning, hitting better against RH's then LHs so is there really a need for a LH hitter?

Good point Joseph. I actually was gonna look that up before typing, but thought I'd go ahead with the statement, being time constrained and all ;)

A surface glance would seem to have it that their lineup could truly benefit from a lefty, and of course depending on who they add they could still improve on say a Brandon Inge or Craig Monroe. But they don't improve by just getting any old bat. It might be better stated that they should just look to upgrade a bat, eh?

HotCorner
07-24-2006, 06:23 PM

MTV Sports! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103483/)

Gallen5862
07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
Chicago Whitesox Acquired pitcher Mike MacDougal from the Kansas City Royals for minor league pitchers Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes; optioned pitcher Sean Tracey to Charlotte of the International League (AAA).

RBA
07-24-2006, 09:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
Chicago Whitesox Acquired pitcher Mike MacDougal from the Kansas City Royals for minor league pitchers Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes; optioned pitcher Sean Tracey to Charlotte of the International League (AAA).

On a related note the reds signed Norm McDonald to a Major League contract and DFAed Edwin Encarncion. :help:

Heath
07-25-2006, 08:57 AM
On a related note the reds signed Norm McDonald to a Major League contract and DFAed Edwin Encarncion. :help:

...and I'm Kevin Nealon, and that's news to me!