PDA

View Full Version : not sure i was hearing Furman right but..

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-24-2006, 10:44 PM
caught Furman right before a commercial break saying that Jon Kitna and his Christianity was more of a problem for the Bengals than all of then Bengals getting arrested?!?!did anyone hear his tortured explanation of this??

smith288
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, its common knowledge that Bible hit on top of the head can inflict serious damage physically.

;)

macro
07-25-2006, 01:07 AM
I didn't hear it, but coming from Furman, I'd take it with a grain of salt. The guy only knows to stir up controversy. This may be just another case of that.

StillFunkyB
07-25-2006, 06:18 AM
I didn't hear it, but coming from Furman, I'd take it with a grain of salt. The guy only knows to stir up controversy. This may be just another case of that.

Exactly.

Furman is a tool.

RedFanAlways1966
07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
caught Furman right before a commercial break saying that Jon Kitna and his Christianity was more of a problem for the Bengals than all of then Bengals getting arrested?!?!did anyone hear his tortured explanation of this??

I heard it. Andy said that Kitna was "always forcing it down people's throats" with his cross-hat and such. He said it is much more distracting than the arrests and says he knows b/c he has been there when Kitna was "forcing religion" on everyone. Made it seem as though Jon Kitna was always preaching religion to anyone that happened to be around him.

Definitely Andy trying to stir up trouble. Nothing more. And the reason I shut off the radio and decided watching the Yanks vs. Rangers... figuring it had to be better than listening to that topic on WLW.

dabvu2498
07-25-2006, 08:01 AM
"Blahblahblah" = Furman

max venable
07-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Whew...Then I'm sure glad Marvin is weeding out troublemakers like Kitna. We sure don't need "his kind" to cause problems for the team. Thank goodness for guys like Henry and Odell who are leading by example! :rolleyes:

Heath
07-25-2006, 09:20 AM
The kicker part is that Furman off the air is a 180 turn. When he was part of the ownership that sold the Richmond Roosters, I wrote him an email thanking him for his contributions and for "putting his money where his mouth was". He not only answered my email with an offer for tickets any time but he also sent my email to the club where I got a hat and some pennants for my kids.

Then there is the whole story of him adopting kids with his wife.

He's almost schizophrenic in a way - I just ignore him when he becomes "Bad Andy".

zombie-a-go-go
07-25-2006, 10:31 AM
He's almost schizophrenic in a way - I just ignore him when he becomes "Bad Andy".

Remember; it's all ratings. They pay him to be an ass, so he acts the ass on the air. It's showbiz. If Andy is schizophrenic, what about, say... Jeremy Irons? Jim Carrey? Tom Cruise... uh, bad example. But these guys are just actors; it's nothing more than that.

Chip R
07-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I actually was listening when he said that and it was said like that was something he believed and not a matter of fact.

savafan
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
The kicker part is that Furman off the air is a 180 turn. When he was part of the ownership that sold the Richmond Roosters, I wrote him an email thanking him for his contributions and for "putting his money where his mouth was". He not only answered my email with an offer for tickets any time but he also sent my email to the club where I got a hat and some pennants for my kids.

Then there is the whole story of him adopting kids with his wife.

Yeah, Andy is very shy and humble in person. I've said it before on here, he's a great guy to know, and very generous. I'd say about 98% of what you hear on the air is an act.

redsmetz
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I actually was listening when he said that and it was said like that was something he believed and not a matter of fact.

I didn't listen (I can only take Furman in small doses - which is more than I can take of Cunningham). Any chance he was trying for irony?

dabvu2498
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I didn't listen (I can only take Furman in small doses - which is more than I can take of Cunningham). Any chance he was trying for irony?
I didn't get that impression. Sounded fairly serious to me.

Rob Dicken
07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
How about this: We get rid of the religious weirdos and criminals, and play some frickin' football?

StillFunkyB
07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Andy is very shy and humble in person. I've said it before on here, he's a great guy to know, and very generous. I'd say about 98% of what you hear on the air is an act.

That's great. Really, I'm not trying to be smart here. I just hate his "act". I think it's bad for Cincinnati sports, much like what's been argued about Marty's comments from time to time.

When he is just talking about the game and taking calls with an occasional comment he's fine.

When he starts making up borderline slanderous comments like this, it's really not cool.