PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post-Ray King

Royals Fan
07-25-2006, 08:52 AM
KING SITS, WAITS: The Reds have had interest in Ray King, and recently placed left-hander Kent Mercker on the disabled list. The Rockies didn't pursue a deal for Reds catcher Jason LaRue because they don't want to block prospect Chris Iannetta's path. A straight-up exchange for Boston's Rudy Seanez remains a possibility. Talks regarding Julian Tavarez cooled dramatically over the weekend because of the Rockies' concerns regarding the money left on his contract.

Any thoughts?

Rex Argos
07-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I think Nancy Reagan had it right when she said, "just say no".

Brian
07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
He could certainly help, but I definitely wouldn't want to give up much for him. The greater benefit is probably the Reds not having to face him again this year, LOL.

KoryMac5
07-25-2006, 11:58 AM
The Reds have said they have no interest in Ray King. I doubt we will so Larue dealt either until they are sure Ross is a 100%.

Jr's Boy
07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
If the Reds picked up Ray ''Burger''King then they would really look stupid for cutting Hancock.

markymark69
07-25-2006, 03:14 PM
King would be o.k. although I think the bullpen is pretty good shape minus Mercker (health) and Shackelford (inconsistent). Having written that, if Ross is healthy I would make that trade if it's available.

I would like the Reds to nail down that 5th starter spot either in-house or through trade. Mays obvioulsy isn't the answer and I'm not sure Claussen is either. I have really soured on him.

wally post
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Claussen sure looked good as a yankee. Is this fault his - or our pitching coaches?

Red Leader
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
This would be the perfect opportunity for the Reds to play the "seller" role. They need to get rid of Jason LaRue and more specifically, his salary for next year. The Rockies could use a catcher. Give them LaRue and get SP Ubaldo Jimenez, a AA pitcher. He's a stud and could be ready for the rotation out of spring training 2007.