PDA

View Full Version : PNC Park threatens to leave Pittsburgh?

Chip R
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50814

redsmetz
07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I hope this doesn't highjack the thread, but in the same issue as an additional sidebar was this item:

Jose Canseco Names 10,000 Baseball Players
July 20, 2006 | Onion Sports

WASHINGTON, DC—While speaking to reporters Tuesday, Jose Canseco released the names of 10,000 current and former baseball players whom he alleges have taken part in the sport at some point during their lives. "Tim Teufel, Jim Abbot, Henry 'Hank' Aaron, Sid Fernandez, Mike Piazza, Graig Nettles, Ken Griffey Jr., Ken Griffey Sr., Chris Sabo, Dave Valle, Erubiel Durazo, Pat Listach, Carney Lansford, Terry Steinbach, Gary Gaetti," said Canseco at one point during his 14-hour statement. "Eddie Murray, Eddie Matthews, Eddie Guardado, while we're on Eddies, there's Eddie Cicotte… Um, Babe Ruth obviously, Jay Gibbons, Henry Blanco, Ralph Kiner, Darren Daulton, me, Cap Anson, Willie Bloomquist, Henry Rodriguez..." Canseco added that, if necessary, he can name thousands of other players, as long as he is granted access to official Hall Of Fame records or the 2006 edition of the Baseball Encyclopedia.

TeamBoone
07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Jose Canseco released the names of 10,000 current and former baseball players whom he alleges have taken part in the sport at some point during their lives.

"taken part in the sport"? What the heck does that mean?

Chip R
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
"taken part in the sport"? What the heck does that mean?It means those players actually played baseball. It's a joke.

KronoRed
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
If PNC is going FA we need to make an offer, GAB is nice and all..but we could get a few great minor league parks for it and not miss a beat with PNC moving in.

StillFunkyB
07-25-2006, 04:28 PM
If PNC is going FA we need to make an offer, GAB is nice and all..but we could get a few great minor league parks for it and not miss a beat with PNC moving in.

from what I have heard PNC is one of the best around.

Ltlabner
07-25-2006, 05:08 PM

I don't know...I hear it's a real sellers market and we may have to give up too much in return for PNC. You can't ignore the value proposition in the deal.

gm
07-26-2006, 12:41 AM
PNC is using the threat of relocation to leverage better tax breaks from the state's legislature/taxpayers...all in an effort to line his pockets, of course.

BCubb2003
07-26-2006, 02:45 AM

I hear Krivsky wants to pick up the Metrodome when it's DFA'd

KronoRed
07-26-2006, 04:14 AM
The Dome is done, be hosting in the mexican leagues soon.

Unassisted
07-26-2006, 09:45 AM
"taken part in the sport"? What the heck does that mean?I used to read The Onion before it had a web site. It's kind of a running joke there that the writers will throw in phrases in a stilted 19th-century style for added comedic effect.

37red
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
bigger tax breaks is another way of saying a free ride on the backs of the tax payers and a larger profit for those in the glass booths. It sounds like tax cuts but is actually tax shuffling.