PDA

View Full Version : Rave reviews for Harang

NatiRedGals
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Rave reviews for Harang
Houston Chronicle
"Aaron Harang has pitched very well against us and has got very good stuff," Astros catcher Brad Ausmus said. "In my opinion, he's probably the most underrated pitcher in the National League. He's tough on both righties and lefties with an A-plus slider. We knew one run would make a difference, and when they got that second run it sort of sealed it off."
posted by lance1530homer at 8:06 AM

Chip R
07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Rave reviews for Harang
Houston Chronicle
"Aaron Harang has pitched very well against us and has got very good stuff," Astros catcher Brad Ausmus said. "In my opinion, he's probably the most underrated pitcher in the National League. He's tough on both righties and lefties with an A-plus slider. We knew one run would make a difference, and when they got that second run it sort of sealed it off."

Sounds like a team who has packed it in for the season.

fielder's choice
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a team who has packed it in for the season.

No kidding. I'm glad Reds players don't have that attitude.

OldXOhio
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Rave reviews for Harang
Houston Chronicle

Very reminiscent of the kind of praise Rijo used to get back in the day.

smith288
07-26-2006, 02:18 PM
We'll take Oswalt off their hands...

NatiRedGals
07-26-2006, 02:45 PM
We'll take Oswalt off their hands...

Why were at it maybe get alittle berk in our man

redsupport
07-26-2006, 02:57 PM
we could have had berkman but our scouts insisted that Brandon Larsen was superior

NatiRedGals
07-26-2006, 03:04 PM
we could have had berkman but our scouts insisted that Brandon Larsen was superior

They thought Brandon had a nice butt:eek: :laugh:

zombie-a-go-go
07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
No kidding. I'm glad Reds players don't have that attitude.

...this season.

M2
07-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Harang does own the Astros this year -- 1.99 ERA -- not that it's such a hard thing to do. I figure that team gets waxed by pretty much every RH power pitcher that comes down the pike.

Rob Dicken
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Harang does own the Astros this year -- 1.99 ERA -- not that it's such a hard thing to do. I figure that team gets waxed by pretty much every RH power pitcher that comes down the pike.

True. I believe Houston's BA is the worst in the majors right now.

M2
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
True. I believe Houston's BA is the worst in the majors right now.

And they've got an MLB worst .709 team OPS vs RHPs. Take away Lance Berkman (and even Moran Ensberg) and what you're left with is spectacularly inept against northpaws.

Jaycint
07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
And they've got an MLB worst .709 team OPS vs RHPs.

Not to mention tied with the Cubs for the worst overall OPS in the league (.730).

They don't go yard very often either (97 HR) considering the bandbox they play in.