PDA

View Full Version : Narron managing starters

Redleg39
07-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Tonight, I felt that Arroyo should have been pulled after the Biggio at bat. I know the pen has had some troubles this year, but Houston was all over Arroyo in that inning. then, he should've been pulled for sure when Berkman stepped in. I think that the odds would have been better if we brought in a lefty to turn Berkman around. Arroyo later gave up another homer to Berkman. It's the same thing happened against New York last week. Milton was left in with the bags full, and Carlos Beltran up. Beltran hit a grand salami. I think that Narron has had trouble this year seeing when the opposing hitters are figuring out his pitchers.

Rob Dicken
07-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Tonight, I felt that Arroyo should have been pulled after the Biggio at bat. I know the pen has had some troubles this year, but Houston was all over Arroyo in that inning. then, he should've been pulled for sure when Berkman stepped in. I think that the odds would have been better if we brought in a lefty to turn Berkman around. Arroyo later gave up another homer to Berkman. It's the same thing happened against New York last week. Milton was left in with the bags full, and Carlos Beltran up. Beltran hit a grand salami. I think that Narron has had trouble this year seeing when the opposing hitters are figuring out his pitchers.

That he has, kind sir.

How many times has he insisted on Weathers being in the game with a narrow lead, KNOWING that he gives up, on a usual basis, about a run an inning as of late? TOO many to name.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
07-27-2006, 12:25 AM

If we would have brought someone in for him and Berkman hit a homerun, you would be saying why did he take him out he was pitching such a good game, either buy the team and hire your own manager, or let him do his job!

Rob Dicken
07-27-2006, 12:29 AM
If we would have brought someone in for him and Berkman hit a homerun, you would be saying why did he take him out he was pitching such a good game, either buy the team and hire your own manager, or let him do his job!

'Tis true! You are the man! If I had reputation abilites, I would definitely give you some! :thumbup:

Redleg39
07-27-2006, 12:39 AM

Don't get me wrong, I like Narron. It wasn't just about Berkman's dinger. I wouldn't be saying that he should not have pulled Arroyo if a reliever gave up a dinger to Berkman. I just thought Bronson was losing some of his stuff.

Rob Dicken
07-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like Narron. It wasn't just about Berkman's dinger. I wouldn't be saying that he should not have pulled Arroyo if a reliever gave up a dinger to Berkman. I just thought Bronson was losing some of his stuff.

I think he's talking about fans in 'General.' It does seem that no matter what this organization does, it will never appease certain fans, and no matter if we had Joe Torre or Tony La Russa as manager, there would STILL be disputed calls.

jimbo
07-27-2006, 12:44 AM

I don't think he was losing his stuff so much, but more his command.

Redleg39
07-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't think he was losing his stuff so much, but more his command.

I agree with u 100%. He started leavin pitches up.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
07-27-2006, 12:49 AM

Wasn't a shot at you, im just getting tired of reading all the second guessing posts. Think about it, within the last 2 days i've read complaints about Griffey, the lineup, Narron, The trade, mAYS(OK ILL LET THAT ONE SLIP) the gm, EE's playing time, pitching management, and im sure im missing a few. Feel free to add on if you can think of any more.

Redleg39
07-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Wasn't a shot at you, im just getting tired of reading all the second guessing posts. Think about it, within the last 2 days i've read complaints about Griffey, the lineup, Narron, The trade, mAYS(OK ILL LET THAT ONE SLIP) the gm, EE's playing time, pitching management, and im sure im missing a few. Feel free to add on if you can think of any more.

No, it's cool. I understand u completely. Can't think of any others at the moment, but yeah, there's more

TOBTTReds
07-27-2006, 02:22 AM

Message boards are the ultimate 2nd guessing machine. All the things you mention, I have probably 2nd guessed too.

Griffey: Still batting 3rd and playing CF?
Lineup: Royce 2nd? Dunn 6th? Aurilia 4th?
Narron: No need to explain
The trade: no argument
Mays: no need to explain
GM: Plenty O'discussion about O'Brien
EdE: Hottest hitter on the team, rising superstar not getting time
Pitching: See above, Coffey as closer or not, 5th starter...
Adding: Freel playing more, 3-headed catchers and probably more.

Either start your own message board or let it do it's job...second guess and discuss team issues!:devil:

UK Reds Fan
07-27-2006, 06:22 AM
I can't bang at Narron for having a longer fuse with Harang and Arroyo..they've been horses this year and worked out of more situations than the pen has worked out of similar situations.

So I would think it to be unfair to suggest Narron should have known to get Bronson last night given the history this year has shown us.

But the other 3 starters, for pete's sake. After their 3rd time thru the lineups with a close game it is statistically ridiculous to leave them in there with any opportunity to lose the game. Narron deserves criticism for his recent handling of Milton especially and even Lizard/Mays starts in critical situations with a new and improved pen to work with.

redsmetz
07-27-2006, 07:32 AM
I just mentioned on the Game thread that what we witnessed was one of those Bizarro innings that just unfolds and leaves you thinking "What the heck?". I mentioned too, as someone else did here, that Torre, Cox, LaRussa have all had such innings from pitchers. It happens, life goes on, let's get them today!

BuckeyeRedleg
07-27-2006, 09:29 AM

Great first post!

Welcome to the RedsZone, Redleg39.

Rob Dicken
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I can't bang at Narron for having a longer fuse with Harang and Arroyo..they've been horses this year and worked out of more situations than the pen has worked out of similar situations.

So I would think it to be unfair to suggest Narron should have known to get Bronson last night given the history this year has shown us.

But the other 3 starters, for pete's sake. After their 3rd time thru the lineups with a close game it is statistically ridiculous to leave them in there with any opportunity to lose the game. Narron deserves criticism for his recent handling of Milton especially and even Lizard/Mays starts in critical situations with a new and improved pen to work with.

Seems like Elizardo has ONE bad inning a game (gives up 3-4 runs), then pitches flawlessly afterwards. The offnese just can't score when he's pitching. It's a shame, because he's actually pitched really good this year.