PDA

View Full Version : per rotoworld: Germano to start Saturday

redsfan4445
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
per rotoworld

J"ustin Germano is likely to start Saturday's game against the Brewers.
The Reds waived Joe Mays on Wednesday and currently have TBA listed as Saturday's starter. Germano, who is 8-6 with a 3.69 ERA for Triple-A Louisville this season, is expected to be given the start. He will only remain in the rotation until Brandon Claussen returns so his value in fantasy leagues isn't great. Jul. 27 - 9:32 am et"

redsfan30
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't care who it is, just as long as it's not Gosling.

cincy09
07-27-2006, 11:34 AM
What if he does well?
Do we just send him back to Louisville?

Red Leader
07-27-2006, 11:37 AM
What if he does well?

If Claussen is healthy, yes, he'll be sent back to Louisville. If Claussen suffers a setback, then we'll either keep him in the rotation, or trade for a replacement.

Rob Dicken
07-27-2006, 11:37 AM
What if he does well?

He will go down regardless due to Claussen coming back. Unless they send down Shackleford like they have done 5-6 times this year. :rolleyes:

captainmorgan07
07-27-2006, 11:45 AM
i say he will pitch well he will be our 5th starter for the rest of the year we all know mr.claussen can't stay consistent and what we need for the stretch run is consistency

Red Leader
07-27-2006, 11:49 AM
i say he will pitch well he will be our 5th starter for the rest of the year we all know mr.claussen can't stay consistent and what we need for the stretch run is consistency

If Claussen is healthy, he will get the first shot at the 5th starter spot. If he gets hit hard for more than 1 game, then I could see Germano given another chance, but until that happens, it's my belief that it's Claussen's spot to lose. He's earned that with last years pitching and his MLB experience.