PDA

View Full Version : Opinions...If the Bailey and Willis trade would actually happen...

crazybob60
07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, say Wayne K actually did pull the trigger on the Homer Bailey for Dontrelle Willis trade, we would know right away that Dontrelle Willis would move in our number one slot in our pitching rotation and Harang and Arroyo would just move down a slot, but the main question I have here is about Homer Bailey. Where do you think he would end up then? I know the Reds are not trying to rush Bailey to the majors, but where in the Marlins organization do you think he would end up pitching, and how soon do you think it would be before he would actually end up in the majors and also how long before he ended up in the rotation?

Puffy
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Ok, say Wayne K actually did pull the trigger on the Homer Bailey for Dontrelle Willis trade, we would know right away that Dontrelle Willis would move in our number one slot in our pitching rotation and Harang and Arroyo would just move down a slot, but the main question I have here is about Homer Bailey. Where do you think he would end up then? I know the Reds are not trying to rush Bailey to the majors, but where in the Marlins organization do you think he would end up pitching, and how soon do you think it would be before he would actually end up in the majors and also how long before he ended up in the rotation?

Its not happening.

ThornWithin81
07-27-2006, 04:12 PM
It's not happening, and I don't want it to happen in the first place.

Matt700wlw
07-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I would say this would be it...

Willis
Harang
Arroyo
Milton
(trade)

dougdirt
07-27-2006, 04:17 PM
First things first, what puts Willis ahead of Arroyo or Harang, both of whom are outperforming him this season?
Secondly, Bailey would probably see the Majors this year. I would also be pretty disappointed in Wayne.

crazybob60
07-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically. Essentially speaking, what I was trying to say was, do you think he would see the majors faster in a Reds uniform or a Marlins uniform?

Blue
07-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically. Essentially speaking, what I was trying to say was, do you think he would see the majors faster in a Reds uniform or a Marlins uniform?

Well, they've not been shy about promotin guys from AA to the big leagues. However, I can't imagine Bailey not pitching for the Reds in April next year, so the difference wouldn't be that much.

I wouldn't be happy if this trade actually happened.

flyer85
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
It won't. The Fish would want Bruce and Votto

ChatterRed
07-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Harang
Willis
Arroyo
Milton
Ramirez

Not a bad pitching lineup, in my opinion. It would make us tough for years to come with this bullpen we're developing and Dunn's emergence.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Bailey hasn't proven anything in the majors yet and is just hype. He could throw his arm out tomorrow, just like any of these guys could. But Willis is proven. We would easily win the wild card and might have enough to make it to the World Series.

You don't pass on proven top of the line pitching.

The Reds need to pay for starting pitching and work on developing position players. They need to invest their money in Dunn and a starting pitching staff............

Rob Dicken
07-27-2006, 11:49 PM
I know its not going to happen, but I was only talking hypothetically.

That's not a bad thing. Many people do that here, so it really can't be criticized. ;)

RBA
07-27-2006, 11:49 PM
HARANG
ARROYO
WILLIS
RAMIREZ
MILTON!!!

HARANG has earned the Number 1 slot and Arroyo is close. Willis hasn't pitched damnit this year. Ramirez moved up a slot today.