07-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Go away.

Falls City Beer
07-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Go away.

Wit kills. It is ruthless.

Redhook
07-28-2006, 07:48 AM
I expected this thread to be about Joe Mays and his wonderful WHIP, but I'm surprised Majic's has been this bad so far. Atleast the rest of the bullpen is pitching better since the trade.

terminator
07-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Go away.
I concur. A number of us came over here to get away from this guy's drivel on the unmoderated Enquirer Red's site. He's already ruined one Reds forum.

fielder's choice
07-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I expected this thread to be about Joe Mays and his wonderful WHIP, but I'm surprised Majic's has been this bad so far. Atleast the rest of the bullpen is pitching better since the trade.

The scout that said we should get Majewski needs to be fired ASAP.

RedFanAlways1966
07-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh well. 4.1 IP. Let's guillotine the guy! On the bright side... he can only get better.

5 IP, 2.40 WHIP, 10.80 ERA.... guess who? That was Aaron Harang's numbers after Opening Day. Good thing the REDS didn't throw in the towel right then. He did have 2/3 more inninings thrown than Mr. Majewski has thrown so far for the REDS.

dabvu2498
07-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Oh well. 4.1 IP. Let's guillotine the guy! On the bright side... he can only get better.

5 IP, 2.40 WHIP, 10.80 ERA.... guess who? That was Aaron Harang's numbers after Opening Day. Good thing the REDS didn't throw in the towel right then. He did have 2/3 more inninings thrown than Mr. Majewski has thrown so far for the REDS.
Apples and oranges???

4.1 IP, 26 BF... ugh.

Maybe it's just a bad stretch... maybe he's whipped like a blue-eyed stepchild.

Heath
07-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I think Majewski looks beat, tired, and has no movement. He also looks like his dog died.

The man needs a royal kick in the rear and someone to talk to. I vote Joe Nuxhall or Tom Browning.

dabvu2498
07-28-2006, 08:57 AM
The man needs a royal kick in the rear and someone to talk to. I vote Joe Nuxhall or Tom Browning.
Instead he's got Tom Hume and Chris Welsh. ;)

BuckWoody
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
I think Majewski looks beat, tired, and has no movement. He also looks like his dog died.

A few Buds with Nuxie and then a few buds with Browning and he'll be right back on the beam. :D

RBA
07-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Majewski needs to get on the 'roids and quick.

RedFanAlways1966
07-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Record since All-Star Break = 9-4 (.692)
Bullpen ERA since All-Star Break = 3.58

Record before All-Star Break = 45-44 (.506)
Bullpen ERA before All-Star Break = 5.15

Anyone care to mention how many losses can personally be blamed on Mr. Majewski? He did give up the winning run in the 10th inning vs. the Mets... after the REDS offense wasted an 8 inning, 2-run performance by Bronson Arroyo.

Team, team, team...!! :D

registerthis
07-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Majewski's not nearly this bad a pitcher. He'll come around. Though I didn't support this deal, I also think that Majewski can be, at least, serviceable to this team.

registerthis
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Anyone care to mention how many losses can personally be blamed on Mr. Majewski?

Well he also hasn't helped out with any wins, and that's what he was brought here to do.

Heath
07-28-2006, 09:24 AM
He did record the win against the Brewers after the one inning one hit stint on July 21. But it happened so late, no one saw it.

If he pitches well deep in the evening, I can't wait for the Western Swing in August.

RedFanAlways1966
07-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Well he also hasn't helped out with any wins, and that's what he was brought here to do.

I agree. However, he has not personally lost any either IMO. Something that was a problem before the break. He definitely needs to improve (I have taken "his side" in this post).... no doubt about it. But he has not pulled a Yan-White thing (lost a game)... yet! Good to see that THE TEAM has been able to overcome Gary's lack of good pitching. Maybe the old "chemistry thing" was affected by "the trade"!??! :)

Roy Tucker
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I thought it was telling that Narron pulled him after 2 batters last night and a 6-1 lead.

Narron is the kind of guy who will let a pitcher work his way out of things, but not last night. The leash got yanked up quickly and tightly. Narron may be losing a bit of patience with Majewski.

REDREAD
07-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Record since All-Star Break = 9-4 (.692)
Anyone care to mention how many losses can personally be blamed on Mr. Majewski? He did give up the winning run in the 10th inning vs. the Mets... after the REDS offense wasted an 8 inning, 2-run performance by Bronson Arroyo.

He also had a blown save, although I think the Reds came back to win that one.

Last night was a disgrace as well. I posted his game log a couple days ago. At that time, he really only had one good appearance.

The Reds are winning in spite of him. It's probably reasonable to assume that Coffey, Gauardo and the other bullpen guys would've pitched about as well as they have lately without the trade.

But he has not pulled a Yan-White thing (lost a game)... yet!

Sure he has. He already has a loss and a blown save.

M2
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Majewski bringing back memories of Jim Dickson and Steve Cooke

Funny post.

ochre
07-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I concur. A number of us came over here to get away from this guy's drivel on the unmoderated Enquirer Red's site. He's already ruined one Reds forum.
We are quite familiar with Mr. Support around here from his previous incarnation.

RedFanAlways1966
07-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Sure he has. He already has a loss and a blown save.

A loss? When the offense scores 2 runs in 10 innings... I do not blame the guy who gave up 1 run in the 10th. You might, but I do not.

A blown save? Yep, that stunk. But it was great how THE TEAM came back to win that game. As a matter of fact the guy who won that game was the guy who was called-up to replace one of the guys that was traded to WASH. Funny how that happened... but I probably shouldn't mention that.

fielder's choice
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
A loss? When the offense scores 2 runs in 10 innings... I do not blame the guy who gave up 1 run in the 10th. You might, but I do not.

Actually I do. Why does it matter if it is a high scoring game or not. He came in and didn't get the job done, just like every other time so far, besides one.

Reds Freak
07-28-2006, 04:15 PM
If it is a matter of being worn down from overuse would it be possible to place Majewski on the 15 day DL this Saturday when Germano comes up or perhaps when Belisle returns? It could give him a little rest and help him to get his mind right. I think he could be valuable as a middle reliever down the stretch.

Falls City Beer
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Funny post.

Agree. My mind is right with redsupport's surgical attacks on the foolishness of this franchise. It's got to be the healthiest approach to dealing with the constant pratfalls of this team.

MaineRed
07-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Keep those pitfalls that make the team better, coming.

What team do you work for again, FCB?

ochre
07-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Keep those pitfalls that make the team better, coming.

What team do you work for again, FCB?
ugh. The "FCB is anti-Reds" line again.

Obviously, he's an independant contractor.