PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson charged with DUI...

savafan
07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
...in an apparent effort to promote his new film.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/28/gibson.dui/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor and director Mel Gibson was arrested Friday in Malibu, California, and charged with driving under the influence, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over early Friday while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore. Officers on patrol reported Gibson was driving at an "excessively fast speed," he said.

He was charged with a misdemeanor and posted $5,000 bond, Whitmore said.

Gibson was not immediately available for comment.

Gibson, who acted in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" movie series, won an Oscar for directing 1995's Oscar-winning best picture "Braveheart."

He reportedly financed the controversial movie "The Passion of the Christ" (2004), which he also directed, with $25 million of his own money. The film made $370 million at the domestic box office and currently ranks No. 10 on the all-time box office list. "Passion of the Christ" was nominated for three Oscars, but won none.

Gibson's latest movie, "Apocalypto," set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due in December.

dsmith421
07-29-2006, 08:00 PM
No idea how reliable this is, but:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is f****d." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

TMZ has learned that Deputy Mee audiotaped the entire exchange between himself and Gibson, from the time of the traffic stop to the time Gibson was put in the patrol car, and that the tape fully corroborates the written report.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

Class act all the way.

Cedric
07-29-2006, 08:02 PM
As classy as you judging him based on that "alleged" report?

Matt700wlw
07-29-2006, 09:09 PM
He's struggled with an alcohol problem over the years, I believe....I think the guy needs help.

MWM
07-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Wwjd

Dom Heffner
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Wwjd

He would have turned the water into wine but sat home and drank it.

RBA
07-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I arrested a drunk military retiree. He kept on calling me names and for some reason thought I was jewish. He made several remarks about "the jews" controlling everything. I pretty much laughed it off. But I was somewhat suprised that someone would act this way in the year 2000. I thought that was all behind us. Guess not.

Falls City Beer
07-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Dog is his co-pilot.

Falls City Beer
07-30-2006, 01:05 PM

FWIW, New York Times reports that Gibson's anti-Semitic tirade was real.

westofyou
07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
FWIW, New York Times reports that Gibson's anti-Semitic tirade was real.
Yep, read that this morning myself.

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree in the Gibson household.

ochre
07-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Scotsman.com News
Sunday, 30th July 2006
Latest News
Reuters Sun 30 Jul 2006
Australian actor Mel Gibson is shown on January...

Gibson arrest sparks new accusations of anti-Semitism

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The arrest of Mel Gibson for drunk driving prompted renewed accusations on Sunday that the Oscar-winning director and actor harboured anti-Semitic feelings.

Gibson, whose controversial 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ" was a major hit, was arrested in the early hours of Friday morning for allegedly driving his 2006 Lexus at 87 mph (140 kph) along the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, the beach town north of Los Angeles.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com posted portions of what it called the arresting deputy's original report, which said Gibson was abusive, shouted anti-Jewish slurs and boasted that he "owned Malibu."

The TMZ report quoted Gibson as saying, "F..... Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." He then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson issued a statement on Saturday in which he apologised for driving while drunk and for his "belligerent behaviour" towards the Los Angeles County deputy sheriffs who arrested him.

In his statement the 50-year-old actor said he has "battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He added: "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

The Anti-Defamation League said in a statement on Sunday that Gibson's response was "unremorseful and insufficient" and that his tirade "finally reveals his true self."

Many Jews and others were upset that "The Passion of the Christ" revived ancient Christian accusations that Jews bore responsibility for Jesus' death.

"It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism," said ADL national director Abraham Foxman.

"We would hope that Hollywood now would realise the bigot in their midst and that they will distance themselves from this anti-Semite," he said.

The Los Angeles Times reported on Sunday that a civilian committee overseeing the sheriff's department would investigate whether officers tried to cover up Gibson's behaviour and statements to save the star from embarrassment.

Gibson rocketed to fame in the late 1970s in the movie "Mad Max" and scored huge box office hits playing a cop in the "Lethal Weapon" movies.

In 1995, he acted in and directed "Braveheart," about 13th century Scottish rebel William Wallace. The movie earned 10 Oscar nominations and won five of the top film awards, including directing for Gibson and best picture of the year.

(c) Reuters 2006. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1106172006

reuters is running with it too.

max venable
07-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I hope it's not true about Mel...but if it is...holy smokes...I mean Jesus was a Jew Mel! He's your homeboy...

Red in Chicago
07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Yep, read that this morning myself.

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree in the Gibson household.

this is exactly what i was thinking...i seam to recall that gibson was quite upset when people brought up his father's viewpoints in the past...now, we learn that mel's aren't much different...

for what it's worth, i've been called anti semitic names before and i'm not even jewish...when i was a kid i use to mow lawns for a jewish temple, and more than a few times, kids screamed names at me from their cars as they drove by...it really was eye opening...very sad...

Benihana
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM

the report has been independently confirmed by two other news sources, the LA Times being one of them. Now CNN is even reporting it. Mel Gibson is a piece of trash

zombie-a-go-go
07-31-2006, 02:26 PM
A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

This is hilarious.

ochre
07-31-2006, 02:35 PM
This is hilarious.
Yeah. I was going to make that my sig on my forum :)

zombie-a-go-go
07-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah. I was going to make that my sig on my forum :)

Then I'm truly sorry I beat ya to it. :ninja:

Benny-Distefano
07-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Everybody (including Mel) knows that Joe Pesci is the one that betrayed Jesus. It all happened and is all there to read about in the Bible, aka Lethal Weapon III.

TeamCasey
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
"No, what Mel did was order “the whole shmeer” (the works). Apparently he saw Tom Cruise jump on the couch, lecture Matt Lauer about psychiatry and tout Scientology to anyone who would listen in a sudden attempt at career implosion and snorted, “Amateur hour. I can top that.”"

RedsBaron
07-31-2006, 04:49 PM
I have enjoyed a number of Gibson's movies, and most actors who have been in films with him have reportedly liked and praised him. I am saddened by what appears to be his inexcusable misconduct and I am disturbed by his reported anti-Semitic comments.

ChaseReds
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Some of you on here are acting like you've never got plastered and went off the deep end. At least Gibson is willing to admit he needs help.

:drink:

ochre
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Some of you on here are acting like you've never got plastered and went off the deep end. At least Gibson is willing to admit he needs help.

Public relations mea culpas are among the most ridiculous things ever brought forth by human beings.

Falls City Beer
07-31-2006, 07:42 PM

No. And I drink all the damn time.

RedsBaron
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM

It wasn't the DUI which bothered me so much; it was the anti-Semitic comments he reportedly made. What did Jews have to do with his arrest? It sure sounded as if Mel is his father's son.

Blimpie
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Sounds like Disney now has their 'out' they need to pull the funding on Gibson's newest (:sleep:) project...

Will Disney Desert Mel Gibson?

Monday , July 31, 2006

By Roger Friedman

Mel Gibson's alleged horrendous tirade on Friday morning may have reverberations far worse than he could imagine.

For one thing, Gibson is set to release a hugely expensive and largely questionable film with family-friendly Disney on Dec. 8.

"Apocalypto," which has no stars in it, cost at least $50 million. It was a gamble of a vanity project to begin with, set 600 years in the past and with dialogue only from the Mayan dialect of Yucatec.

"Apocalypto" was set to open next week, but Disney pushed it back after inclement weather during the Mexican shoot put the movie off schedule. The Dec. 8 date puts "Apocalypto" right in the middle of holiday releases.

But now the question is: How will Gibson do publicity for such a dicey movie without addressing his embarrassing and rather horrendous behavior Friday in Malibu?

If you don't know it already, Gibson was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving and taken into police custody.

He reportedly had an open bottle of liquor in the car, concealed in a paper bag marked Hazardous Tequila.

Then, according to the report filed by a Malibu sheriff, he let loose an anti-Semitic rant followed by insulting comments made to a female police officer.

The Web site TMZ.com published what it reported were four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case.

Gibson has since issued a public apology and will no doubt turn up on something like "Larry King Live" begging for forgiveness.

But no amount of groveling is ever going to explain his alleged comment: "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

He then reportedly asked a deputy, "You a Jew?"

The deputy wrote in his report that Gibson "blurted out a barrage of anti-Semitic remarks" about "f-ing Jews."

Gibson also told the officer making the report: "I'm going to f--- you. You're going to regret doing this to me."

It isn't the first time Gibson has faced controversy before releasing a film, but this is much different.

When "The Passion of the Christ" was being readied, it was revealed that Gibson had built a private church for Catholics who did not agree with contemporary church doctrine.

It also came out that his father was a Holocaust denier. Gibson refused to repudiate his father's statements and many reviews of the film including the one I wrote in this space accused the director and actor of anti-Semitism.

But "The Passion" was funded entirely by Gibson, who used the now nonexistent distribution company, Newmarket Films, to get his movie into theaters.

This time, he's convinced Disney a major studio with a family-oriented reputation to put up some of the money, possibly another $50 million for marketing and promotion and to distribute the film.

With "The Passion," Gibson also had the built-in audience of church groups to help him. "Apocalypto" doesn't carry that kind of constituency; its success was going to be built solely on Gibson as a visionary.

But will audiences want anything to do with Gibson once the reality of what he's done this weekend sinks in? I think not.

More importantly, will the usual press-junket and media shills who regularly trade control of their interviews for access to a star simply avoid the whole arrest and rant mess so they can talk to Gibson about "Apocalypto"?

Maybe it's nave to think so, but someone on the red carpet or on a junket will, hopefully, have the integrity to refuse such a proviso.

Watch this week to see if Disney will stick with "Apocalypto" or use an "act of God" clause to get out of dealing with this situation.

No one can blame them if they do. Gibson's apology does not deny one word of the police deputy's report.

It's one thing to have been embarrassed when arrested, and maybe even so drunk as to keep repeating, "My life is f---ed" over and over once the realization of what's happened dawned on him.

But his anti-Semitic remarks underscore what many have suspected since the "Passion" controversy erupted.

As I reported last February, Gibson invested another $5 million tax-free into his Malibu church last year. With 70 or so members, Holy Family Church is designed to follow outdated Catholic doctrine that the Jews are responsible for killing Jesus Christ.

In fact, an article I cited from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review revealed that Gibson is planning to fund a church similar to Holy Family in Mt. Pleasant Township, Pa., called St. Michael the Archangel.

According to the article, Gibson was persuaded by his father to become involved and may have assisted in the purchase of an existing structure for a little over $315,000.

The only upside of this is that maybe Gibson will now find even less support for his planned miniseries on the Holocaust.

But the very serious and major downside here is that an international superstar, whom many people admire and respect, now seems to have confirmed our greatest fears about him: that he is a bigot, full of carefully unexpressed hatred that has now spilled out of him, thanks to some inopportune drinking.

He may be able to rationalize this to himself, but Gibson is going to have a hard time convincing Disney that it should have anything more to do with him.

savafan
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Wow...how can this be a real news story...it sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit.

GAC
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I have enjoyed a number of Gibson's movies, and most actors who have been in films with him have reportedly liked and praised him. I am saddened by what appears to be his inexcusable misconduct and I am disturbed by his reported anti-Semitic comments.

Thoroughly concur RB.

And I'm glad some are showing so much sympathy for a fellow human being who is struggling with a disease (alcoholism) that caused him to go off on a drunken rant.

Kick'em while they are down. Interesting how in our society, some seem to take such joy in other's misery/misfortune.

That doesn't excuse at all what he said, but it is sad. Someone said "WWJD"?

What would Jesus do/say to Mel? We'd better hope he'd show compassion, or we're all in trouble. ;)

I hope the guy gets help for his "demons". He is one of my favorite actors.

savafan
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM

Couldn't agree more GAC

Falls City Beer
07-31-2006, 11:07 PM
And I'm glad some are showing so much sympathy for a fellow human being who is struggling with a disease (alcoholism) that caused him to go off on a drunken rant.

It wasn't the alcohol or the alcoholism that put that anti-Semitism in Mel's heart and mind.

That's indoctrination.

Dom Heffner
07-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Kick'em while they are down. Interesting how in our society, some seem to take such joy in other's misery/misfortune.

Yeah, as long as there is an "R" by the name, it is forgive and forget.

It was so good to see when a certain president went through some misfortune back in the 90s, some good Christians like yourself advised us as you are now. I remember all sorts of passages and proverbs about how we ought to go easy on our fellow man.

For someone who stands behind the symbol of the elephant, you sure have a lousy memory.

I used to buy into all the "turn the other cheek," "nobody's perfect," and "hate the sin not the sinner" stuff you guys peddle until I found out it only applies to people who agree with you.

I tell you what. I'll be nice to Mel Gibson the day you're nice to a member of the Kennedy family when they make a mistake.

Gosh, GAC, can you ever call a spade a spade?

Gibby is out of control.

Mel Gibson: The man who loves all faiths until he drinks that second vodka.

Dude blows a .12 and look out, world. Mel is going to tell you how he really doesn't feel.

Just desserts for a true jerk.

This guy shuns criticism that his movie is anti-semitic and then lookey here, Mel does have a thing against them- but only when he's drunk.

1 vodka=love
2 vodkas= hatre

He also claimed the Jewish population grew under Hitler, his wife is going to hell because she believes in the wrong brand of Christianity, and now that the Jews are the cause of all wars.

Funny, I don't think either Bush, bin Laden, or Hussein are Jewish.

GAC, you still haven't forgiven Jane Fonda and you are wanting us to give Mel a pass because he is one of your favorite actors??

Thanks for the laugh.

dman
08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Thoroughly concur RB.

That doesn't excuse at all what he said, but it is sad. Someone said "WWJD"?

What would Jesus do/say to Mel? We'd better hope he'd show compassion, or we're all in trouble. ;)

**Leave the Peanut Gallery stuff on the peanut gallery. No need to inflame over here for stuff said over there. There's a link to that board if people are interested in reading it -ochre**

Now, for the arresting officer, I read where he was told by his supervisors to tone down the inflammtory remarks in his statement. I totally disagree with this. If Gibson said it, put it in your report. I don't believe it to be ethical police work to try to tone down a statement in order to not make Gibson look so bad.

RFS62
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
It wasn't the alcohol or the alcoholism that put that anti-Semitism in Mel's heart and mind.

That's indoctrination.

Yeah, I have to agree. The alcohol just removed his inhibitions and let him say what he truly felt, IMO. Once he realized the implications of what he'd done, he went into damage repair mode.

Very sad look inside his mind.

dabvu2498
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I have to agree. The alcohol just removed his inhibitions and let him say what he truly felt, IMO. Once he realized the implications of what he'd done, he went into damage repair mode.

Very sad look inside his mind.
My buddy always says "alcohol makes you more of what you already are." If you're "jerky guy," you become totally obnoxious, if you're "flirty girl," you become... well... you get the picture.

If you're Mel Gibson, you become...

minus5
08-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought he was already going nuts after The Passion was released. No, not because he made the movie, nothing to do with that. But in some of the interviews and and things after the release and his tirades on stem cell research...I told my wife more than once that the guy acts certifiable. Doing the whole wide-eyed, frothing at the mouth bit. What a freak.

Both he and Cruise have just gone off the deep end.

Benihana
08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Cedric? Cedric? Are you ready to judge yet?

PS Couldn't agree with you more Dom. GAC, wake up. This guy makes Ozzie Guillen look like Ari Fleischer.

ChaseReds
08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
GAC- you dont need to wake up you already are thanks for your post.
DOM- Generalization is your vodka

Mel made a mistake. Wow he is human. Great. Lets move on.

If you want to "argue" then make your argument based on what Gibson actually did, how it was wrong. But please...stop acting like you have authority or rep points to shove your 2cents down someone else throat.

GAC
08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
It was so good to see when a certain president went through some misfortune back in the 90s, some good Christians like yourself advised us as you are now. I remember all sorts of passages and proverbs about how we ought to go easy on our fellow man.

But you have a very lousy memory yourself Dom.

I don't remember at all broaching or going into any lengthy discussions on the subject of Clinton and Monica on this forum by myself. His politics, and my disagreement with them? Yes.

And when the situation did occur, this forum didn't even exist Dom, and you have no idea how I approached it. More assumptions on your part.

But I wasn't, nor have I ever been, a member of the Christian Coalition. ;)

I used to buy into all the "turn the other cheek," "nobody's perfect," and "hate the sin not the sinner" stuff you guys peddle until I found out it only applies to people who agree with you.

More B-A-L-O-N-E-Y! ;)

I tell you what. I'll be nice to Mel Gibson the day you're nice to a member of the Kennedy family when they make a mistake.

Why don't you go over to the Peanut Gallery and look up the thread where Patrick Kennedy got arrested awhile back Dom?

I think you would see my approach was pretty consistent and even-handed.

GAC, you still haven't forgiven Jane Fonda and you are wanting us to give Mel a pass because he is one of your favorite actors??

Who said anything about giving him a pass Dom? And as far as Jane Fonda - I just watched her in Monster-In-Law with the wife just the other day! :lol:

Sounds to me like you're drinking from the same bottle as Mel.

Puffy
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Well, not to excuse Gibson but when I interned at an Attorney General's office we got hold of a tape where a 93 year old woman wouldn't rent to a black woman because she was black. Told her that. Said some choice things too, all in a very nice voice, but so racist you couldn't believe it.

But at 93 years old you just gotta look at it and realize that was how she was raised, and its sad, but that was society.

Gibson was raised by a fanatic, and got those views plowed into his head all thru his formative years. From all reports of him he left most of it behind, but none of us ever really lose what our parents teach us.

NJReds
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM
but none of us ever really lose what our parents teach us.

I guess Jerry Narron's dad loved scrappy, veteran ballplayers. ;)

max venable
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I guess Jerry Narron's dad loved scrappy, veteran ballplayers. ;)
No, Jerry's dad just hates EE.

Rojo
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Mel made a mistake.

Yeah, he spoke his mind and, boy, is it twisted.

dabvu2498
08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah, he spoke his mind and, boy, is it twisted.
I think we all might be shocked by how many "educated" people agree with him... but never get drunk enough to say it to a cop.

GAC
08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, not to excuse Gibson but when I interned at an Attorney General's office we got hold of a tape where a 93 year old woman wouldn't rent to a black woman because she was black. Told her that. Said some choice things too, all in a very nice voice, but so racist you couldn't believe it.

But at 93 years old you just gotta look at it and realize that was how she was raised, and its sad, but that was society.

Gibson was raised by a fanatic, and got those views plowed into his head all thru his formative years. From all reports of him he left most of it behind, but none of us ever really lose what our parents teach us.

Very good post Puffy. And that doesn't at all justify what Mel did or said. Alcohol, especially alcoholism, will sooner or later bring out the worst in an individual.

Whether it's Mel Gibson, Patrick Kennedy, or a Robert Downey Jr. - sooner or later your destructive behavior can/will consume you. And they need to get help.

I sincerely hope that this is some sort of a wake-up call for Gibson. Not only to confront his alocoholism, but also some of trhose engrained beliefs he carries.

But as far as carrying those views into the movie The Passion of Christ-that's ridiculous.

I'll stop here because these type of discussions should be carried on the other forum.

I don't think this thread is long for the world. :lol:

GAC
08-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I think we all might be shocked by how many "educated" people agree with him... but never get drunk enough to say it to a cop.

You're probably right. Look at the current attitude carried by many at the nation of Israel? And those same individuals, who will nail Gibson, have also talked of the strong Jewish "lobby" in this country, and their overt control and influence in this country.

Yet Mel is ONLY the fanatic. ;)

Rojo
08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Did Patrick Kennedy and Robert Downey Jr. get caught spewing anti-semitic garbage? Where was I?

ochre
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
People evaluating the ostensibly secular government of israel and questioning our governments role in that region and support of Israel is not even in the same galaxy as the bigotry expressed by Mad Mel.

Lets stop bringing politics into this please. It's about one man's mistake and world view. It's not about rehashing old arguments here.

Falls City Beer
08-01-2006, 06:29 PM
You're probably right. Look at the current attitude carried by many at the nation of Israel? And those same individuals, who will nail Gibson, have also talked of the strong Jewish "lobby" in this country, and their overt control and influence in this country.

Yet Mel is ONLY the fanatic. ;)

And a good many protesting the overwhelming strength of the Israeli lobby are Jews.

Strange world we live in. Where Jewish people criticize the Israeli government and Americans criticize American policy.

This world is a piece of cake when it's all black and white.

Rojo
08-01-2006, 07:43 PM
And a good many protesting the overwhelming strength of the Israeli lobby are Jews.

Self-haters, all.

WMR
08-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Talking about nailing a celebrity impersonation head-on.

That South Park episode with an insane Mel Gibson... wow, I REALLY hope they make a follow-up!

http://www.muchosucko.com/modules/Web_Links/images/links/8746.jpg

GAC
08-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Did Patrick Kennedy and Robert Downey Jr. get caught spewing anti-semitic garbage? Where was I?

That was not my point Rojo. I was referring to the obvious "disease" or addictions that these three men have/had, and that it leads to destructive behavior that people should show some sort of symathy for and hope they get help.

I'm trying my best to keep politics out of this because that is what the other forum is for.... but I find it very interesting that some of the people really going after Gibson and trying to make this a really big issue, are doing so because of his political persuasion/personal faith (i.e he is a conservative)... while personalities who are associated with their own political beliefs, still very active, and have far greater influence then a Mel Gibson, are kinda "side-stepped" or downplayed?

People, for example, like Howard Dean, Hillary Clinton, Senators Byrd and Biden, Julian Bond, Mary Frances Berry, Cynthia McKinney, Jackson and Sharpton.

Why are these people still representing many of us, and in leadership roles?

zombie-a-go-go
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I think we're done here. You know where to go if you'd like to continue the conversation.