PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win between Arizona and Houston?

redsupport
07-28-2006, 11:16 PM
I cant make up my mind, I think I'd rather see Houston win

Mario-Rijo
07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Arz. I don't think they are a real contender for the W/C. Not enough starting pitching.

dman
07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Arz. I don't think they are a real contender for the W/C. Not enough starting pitching.
But didn't the D-Backs take the Reds to the woodshed when we were last out there? I can't really make my mind up on this one

Mario-Rijo
07-28-2006, 11:22 PM
But didn't the D-Backs take the Reds to the woodshed when we were last out there? I can't really make my mind up on this one

Yeah but they were super hott at the time, and we were not so much!

Newman4
07-28-2006, 11:22 PM
AZ because all I heard all day on talk radio was how Houston and Milwaukee 'think they're still in it' and are 'gonna go for it' and 'make a move to get to the playoffs' :rolleyes: Piss on both of them.

justincredible
07-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm following the game on MLB Gameday and I still haven't decided who I want to win. I'm thinking I want the Diamondbacks to take 2 of 3.

dman
07-28-2006, 11:38 PM
But OTOH, the more Houston loses, the better.

guttle11
07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Have Houston win two of three and the Reds sweep Milwaukee.

That's the best option. Gain two on the D'Backs and one more on the Astros. We don't play the Snakes anymore this year. We still get to beat up on Houston some more.

TOBTTReds
07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Rooting for houston. What is the status on Berkman? If he is out, they dont stand a chance. I'll take a fluke win vs. the dbacks.

TOBTTReds
07-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I see Berkman is playing now as a PH'er.

Dunner44
07-28-2006, 11:58 PM
I felt like dirt cheering on Berk in the 11th.... he GO to end the game, however. But I felt physically sick cheering him on. The term is cognitive dissonance.

Phhhl
07-29-2006, 12:22 AM
You have to think Arizona has an easier schedule down the stretch being in the West. The Astros have to play us and the Cardinals.

But, I think the Giants and Dodgers are underachieving a little. The Dodgers in particular just got better with the acquisition of Betemit, and they've slotted Tomko for the pen where he might experience more success. Billingsley is starting to figure it all out, and Hendrickson is a solid lefty starter. Still, if Penny and Kent are hurt for the rest of the season, they aren't going to put up much of a fight against the snakes, much less the playoff hunt.

Despite a pretty good starting rotation, the Giants are wheezing into the second half with all their elders. Still, they have enough good "has beens" to play decent baseball for two months.

San Diego looks really vulnerable for a division leader. Peavy has been a colossal disappointment and Woody Williams might be their second best starter behind Young. They may HAVE to trade Linebrink for a third baseman, even if that does cripple their pen.

I just like it that the Reds have been able to put some distance between themselves and the Braves and the Astros. With those teams in tough series this weekend, the Reds could really make some hay by taking these next two in Milwaukee.

cincrazy
07-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Actually, I can't remember if it was Jayson Stark or Buster Olney, but one of them had a blog on espn insider that rated the toughness of each team's schedule that was still a contender, and Arizona's was in the top 3. It was either LA or AZ that was #1 on the list, but I'm pretty sure Arizona was at least in the top 3. So here's hoping they cool off again.

Edd Roush
07-29-2006, 01:35 AM
They may HAVE to trade Linebrink for a third baseman, even if that does cripple their pen.

Does any body else read this and think Linebrink for EdE or if the Pads are nutty, Aurellia?

I don't know. I'm still ultra-confident in this bullpen and if we could add to the talent pool from our strongest position (3rd base), and boost up our weekness (the bullpen), I may be up for it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE :luvu: EdE, the problem is, I'm not the manager. If Wayno won't give Narron an edict to start EdE every day, another option (again may not be the best), is to unload one of them to get solid BP help.

I am a believer that if we boost up our bullpen, our rotation will also become better.

I dunno, just a thought.