PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Milton....

bleedsred
07-28-2006, 11:42 PM
I just want to say great job Milton. A great performance after a dismal 1st kept the Reds in the game. The guy gets a ton of grief...time for some due credit.:thumbup:

Question: What do the Reds do if Germano turns in a quality performance?

HumnHilghtFreel
07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah he definitely deserves a big pat on the back after tonight's game. I expected him to let the first inning get to him, but he kept himself together.

RedBengal
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Answer: I would say they give him a few more starts for the chance to battle Claussen for that no. 5 position. However, that could all change with a possible trade for another starter...

justincredible
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
After the first inning I was about to give up on him for the night. He usually waits until Narron leaves him in the game a little to long before he blows up. Luckily he did a complete turn around and pitched 1-hit baseball for the next 6 innings. For as bad as he is sometimes, he has given quite a few quality starts this season.

Dunner44
07-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I turned off the radio after the second double, but came back in time to see EE get Ked on a bad call, and then Narron get ejected. I just can't seem to quit you, Reds. :brokeback:

toledodan
07-29-2006, 12:05 AM
i went from cussing him to praising him. he gave this team a big pickup tonight. 1 hit over the last 6 innings was unexpected for sure.

KoryMac5
07-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Milton's ERA is under three at Miller park so I figured he would settle down. It was good that he was able to give us some innings tonight instead of his usual 5

howyoufreelin
07-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Milton is a big key for this team. If we want to get to the post-season and perform well there, he needs to pitch well.

vic715
07-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Good night For Milton on Offense too tonight. Three quality at bats one ribie and one scored.I actually would rather see him up there than LaRue in just about any situation.

RANDY IN INDY
07-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Larue was awful at the plate last night. His head is really messed up right now. All that talking to himself at the plate. He looks primed for failure every time he walks up to the plate. Really pressing.

Redhook
07-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Question: What do the Reds do if Germano turns in a quality performance?

We thank our lucky stars and keep him in the rotation. Maybe he pulls an Elizardo Ramirez and pitches his way into the rotation. Can lightning strike twice in one year? I hope so.

lollipopcurve
07-29-2006, 09:35 AM
tip o' the Reds cap to Milton -- his stuff was good last night, and when he's got his better stuff he seems to know what to do with it

MaineRed
07-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Larue was awful at the plate last night. His head is really messed up right now. All that talking to himself at the plate. He looks primed for failure every time he walks up to the plate. Really pressing.

Agreed. Too bad because it looked like he was pulling himself out of it. He had pushed his average up above .200 when it had been down in the .160's. He had been getting on base quite a bit and was not killing us with his bat.

He really showed his struggles when he failed to get the run in when he had the bases full and nobody out. He flies out and then Milton comes up and hits the sac fly. I said at the time, even if Larue hits into a DP there, he needs to get a run in. It was early in the game and while a big inning would of been nice, you need to make sure you get that first run on the board.

Back to the subject of the thread, I too give it up to Milton. To me he took part in a shutout because I missed the first inning due to a storm knocking out the directv. I tuned in during the second inning and it was already 3-0. Milton was fabulous from that point forward.

The Reds play on the road this season has been amazing. They just don't give up.

Rob Dicken
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM

I noticed that myself as well. We need to trade him before his value depreciates any more.

BoCcc2832
07-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Give huge props for Milton for sticking it in there and holding his own in the last six innings. Here's some comments on this message board during the first inning...

- Jking about EE ... but seriously, Milton sucks bad.
- Milton's heater is about 83 MPH tonight... something's wrong
- 2 runs in already. Knew this game was mailed in before it started.
- Milton has to be replaced....
- This team is in desperate need of another middle of the rotation type of start. Milton and Mays/Claussen/whoever just won't get it done. They are almost guaranteed losses.
- Milton has nothing tonight... absolutely nothing!
- If we DFA Milton, are we on the hook for the option year?
- Well wishful thinking here. Lets hope Milton can settle down like he did last time he faced the Brew crew.

It's a good thing Jerry Narron doesn't listen to us because Milton would have been done after one inning. I was angry too, but Milton proved that he can get the job done. I look forward to seeing another outing by the 2-7 inning Milton.

2001MUgrad
07-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Other than the 1st inning he was lights out. None the less, I'd take 3 runs from him in a start like that any day. he doesn't have to be perfect, he just has to keep the reds in the game.

RedFanAlways1966
07-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Quality Start % for 2006 REDS Starters
B. Arroyo: 15/22... 68.2%.
E. Ramirez: 10/16... 62.5%.
E. Milton: 10/17... 58.8%.
A. Harang: 12/22... 54.5%.
STAFF: 55/103... 53.4%.
D. Williams: 3/8... 37.5%.
B. Claussen: 4/14... 28.6%.
Joe Mays: 1/4... 25.0%.

* 2005 season: 70/162... 42.9%.
* 2004 season: 67/162... 41.4%.
>> At the current rate the REDS are projected to have 87 QS this year.

James B.
07-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Milton takes a lot of grief of this board but he has not been that bad this year. His ERA is high because he has a some horrible games but for the most part he keeps the reds in the game.