PDA

View Full Version : The one thing I love about Narron!

TOBTTReds
07-29-2006, 12:16 AM
When he argues, he gets his money's worth.

And he argues to help fire up his team. Miley had NO passion shown in games, just sat there with his zipper zipped to his chin.

Also, you gotta love the head-bob! We need a smilie for that!:rant2:

Redleg39
07-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah, My favorite part was that he waited for the ump to finish what he was saying. He seemed completely calm while Runge was pointing at him, and yelling in his face. Then came the explosion!

Blue
07-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Its actually kind of scary watching him explode. He did it a while back and when he was finished, the umpire said something as he turned around, so Narron came back and gave him some more!

Team Clark
07-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Keeps the respect level pretty high. Most big league umpires think they are way above the game. As Paul O'Neill told me once "They assume they are royalty". This explosion from Narron is good to see from time to time.

NewEraReds
07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
When he argues, he gets his money's worth.

And he argues to help fire up his team. Miley had NO passion shown in games, just sat there with his zipper zipped to his chin.

Also, you gotta love the head-bob! We need a smilie for that!:rant2:
the one thing i love about narron...........................

.................is he will one day no longer be the reds coach.

Jr's Boy
07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
the one thing i love about narron...........................

.................is he will one day no longer be the reds coach.
Well the Reds have played over 500 ball ever since he took over from Miley,so he's ok in my book.

NewEraReds
07-29-2006, 12:43 PM
guess thats ok when you've sucked for so long. just being ok looks great. theres no doubt we are better. i just dont like him as a manager and there are MANY things he does that i just dont like.

pedro
07-29-2006, 12:50 PM
guess thats ok when you've sucked for so long. just being ok looks great. theres no doubt we are better. i just dont like him as a manager and there are MANY things he does that i just dont like.

The thing most people don't realize is that on a strategic level most managers are cut from the same cloth so if you don't like the things Narron does then there is a good chance you won't like the way his replacement handles things either.

And once he is removed for his strategic equivelant, the chances that the new guy will handle the clubhouse as well as Narron appears to are slim IMO.

WVRedsFan
07-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Well the Reds have played over 500 ball ever since he took over from Miley,so he's ok in my book.

And just being over .500 is good enough? Just asking...

Southern boys can argue and Jerry's one of the best with an umpire. He's already been tossed more than our last three managers I believe.

Of course, all decisions stand, so it's probably a waste of time and energy. Umpires are the most overpaid bullies in the world of sports, but they are necessary evils. Kind of like that strike zone last night. Runge must be an alien because I've never seen a human being be that inconsistent!

Ltlabner
07-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Of course, all decisions stand, so it's probably a waste of time and energy. Umpires are the most overpaid bullies in the world of sports, but they are necessary evils. Kind of like that strike zone last night. Runge must be an alien because I've never seen a human being be that inconsistent!

I only saw the last two innings of the game, and that was one crappy strike zone. All of us in chat were scratching our heads on every pitch. One poster joked that he just alternated ball and strike on the pitches that were too close to call easily.

And just being over .500 is good enough? Just asking... For the rest of our lives, NO. Compared to the past 5 years I'll take it every day of the week. Lasting improvement comes in steps not leaps.

Marty and Joe
07-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Love the head bob also. His head is moving so fast, I often wonder whether enough words are coming out to keep up with that speed.

I often imagine what he is saying at that speed also:
"How's the wife and kids? My team needs a spark. So, I'm going to bob my head around uncontrollably. When I'm done, please tell me what word you would like me to say tonight to get myself tossed. Then, I will bob my head around some more before leaving. OK? There, my neck is beginning to hurt. So, I'll pause now so you can tell me the word."