PDA

View Full Version : All these rumors.....

Joseph
07-30-2006, 01:23 PM
All these rumors make me feel like an expectant father sitting in the waiting room for the doctor to come out and tell him if its a boy or a girl. Ok maybe an expectant father in the 50's.

Every new rumor seems like another old wives tale.

Miguel Tejada? It is just like 'Oh you're carrying it low, it must be a boy.'

Craig Wilson? 'Look at that, you're round only in the front, it must be a girl.'

Barry Zito? 'Oh my, it's a harvest moon, that must mean twins!' [BTW, if that association with Zito and twins will trick Krivsky into acquiring him, then I'm happy.]

Still, does anyone else feel like this? Like we're just sitting here waiting for something to happen and almost knowing something will?

For the record, I know nothing of the wives tales, so if they are all wrong, don't shoot me.

redsfan30
07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I feel the same way. You just get the impression that something will happen over the next 24-26 hours.

That being said, I like rumors and all, but this is getting rediculous. I'm ready for 4:00 tomorrow afternoon so we can just get back to playing baseball.

Ltlabner
07-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Couldn't agree more Joseph. It's very exciting to be at this pont in the season and actually have the possibily of making a trade that could mean something to the continued success of the team. Unlike in previous years where we hoped and prayed for DanO to just do something so we wouldn't end up in dead last.

cincrazy
07-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I saw that only 38 of our 40 spots on the 40 man roster are taken. Also, I don't understand why we called up Brandon Watson. All of this just screams TRADE to me. Not saying it will be a blockbuster, but regardless, I think something is going to happen.