PDA

View Full Version : Nothing under the tree

smith288
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Does anyone feel like it's Christmas eve and you are slowly getting the feeling like there aint gonna be squat under the tree?

I keep refreshing RedsZone and nuthin...

Falls City Beer
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Does anyone feel like it's Christmas eve and you are slowly getting the feeling like there aint gonna be squat under the tree?

Deadline's tomorrow, right? 4:00?

Still a lot of time.

marcshoe
07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Would you prefer coal in your stocking? 'cause somebody out there's getting coal.

(of course I'm still holding out for a big box with a pretty ribbon.)

George Foster
07-30-2006, 11:03 PM

I think if there is going to be a move it will be LaRue, for some minorleaguers. I don't see a starter coming. We have nothing to offer. I would do the Homer-Willis trade straight up, but the marlins want to much for him.

smith288

Still a lot of time.
I have no patience and the hours that pass make me feel like Marty McFly looking at his siblings picture slowly disappearing. Krivsky needs to kiss the chick and get things where Doc says they are supposed to go.

flyer85
There is nothing I've heard that would do more than paint the outhouse door. Mark Redman got torched tonight for those interested.

edabbs44
I have a feeling there will be a Redman like present under the tree tomorrow afternoon.

Falls City Beer
07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I have a feeling there will be a Redman like present under the tree tomorrow afternoon.

Ack. That's like finding a snake under the tree!!

Henry Clay
07-30-2006, 11:04 PM

Still a lot of time.

There is still a lot of time, but I'm with Smith288. I keep checking with the hopes of some positive news, but I'm seeing nothing. I realize that nothing may be better than a deal for a deal's sake, but I still hold out hope of that successful move that will finally carry the Reds to the playoffs. 11 years is a long time to wait.

smith288
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
:milton: part Deux

flyer85
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a feeling there will be a Redman like present under the tree tomorrow afternoon.Like biting into a chocolate and finding the center is filled with ...

MartyFan
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
I have felt like this entire season has been CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

Look at where we were last year and look at where we are after only a few months with the new ownership and FO...all of this improvement has been done during the season and IF they do nothing else they have already helped revitalize REDS BASEBALL and energize their fan base.

So, nope...I fell like it is Christmas and I got the shiney new red bike I wanted...which is what I wanted when I was 10 and it never came...oh, woooooah is me.

CTA513
07-30-2006, 11:09 PM
:milton: part Deux

:runaway:

smith288
07-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I have felt like this entire season has been CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

Look at where we were last year and look at where we are after only a few months with the new ownership and FO...all of this improvement has been done during the season and IF they do nothing else they have already helped revitalize REDS BASEBALL and energize their fan base.

So, nope...I fell like it is Christmas and I got the shiney new red bike I wanted...which is what I wanted when I was 10 and it never came...oh, woooooah is me.
Im not talking about the season. Im talking about a present that will give me as a fan, the confidence that we are on our way to make it to the playoffs and maybe beyond.

MartyFan
07-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Im not talking about the season. Im talking about a present that will give me as a fan, the confidence that we are on our way to make it to the playoffs and maybe beyond.

Me too...this entire season has been completly by surprise and out of left fireld...nobody on this board expected the Reds to even sniff the wild card race this year.

I am happy with the team we have even if we don't make another move. Then take the off season to improve beyond that.

Spring~Fields
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM

It is like that. I have never logged into to Redszone so many times in a given day, ever. It is like sneaking downstairs to see if Santa Krivsky has delivered any real help to Narron and the team, I am beginning to think Santa Krivsky is working for the financial side and is going to leave the fans with nothing but a big ole HO HO HO. :(

Henry Clay
07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
and maybe beyond.

This is the key part of the sentence. Everyone keeps talking about making it to the playoffs, including myself. Nevertheless, with the National League so soft, I think any team that makes it to the playoffs can win the NL pennant. If the Reds can put together a decent run and win the Wild Card, the team will have to beat the Mets in the first round in a short series. That is no easy task, but even the Reds can win a short series if all cylinders are firing. I have confidence that the Reds can hold their own against the Cards/Padres or Giants if a second round of the playoffs becomes a reality. They may not win either series, but the Reds will have a decent shot. This is a good year to fight for the playoffs, but also a good year to sneak through and win the League, much like the Astros did last year. For that possibility, I'm willing to keep checking this board and other sources to see what Krivsky can do.

vaticanplum
07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I am happy with the team we have even if we don't make another move. Then take the off season to improve beyond that.

I mentioned this on the game thread, but I really feel that the Reds need to pursue Zito xcore during the offseason. Pony up the cash and send some convincing folks, I don't care who, out to California to convince him. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but it would change this team infinitely more than anything it can do right now, and for a much longer time.

KronoRed
07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I'll actually be happy with a lump of coal, the names being thrown about as being available don't excite me.

Jpup
07-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I keep hoping and I will continue to until 4 eastern on Monday. I would like a shiny new D train for Christmas.:D

Joseph
07-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Even better analogy than my father in the waiting room one earlier.

I concur entirely.

edabbs44
07-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Like biting into a chocolate and finding the center is filled with ...
http://www.allnative.com/images/2495.jpg

Reds4Life
07-30-2006, 11:30 PM
If there is a move it will probably be for a marginal player, no blockbusters. There aren't many blue chippers on the market right now, and those that are we can't afford. All of this talk about Miggy and Zito is just that, talk. We have no friggin chance of getting either.

It's kind of disappointing really. :(

Gallen5862
07-30-2006, 11:39 PM
I am hoping that at least the ptbnl from the Marlins for Cody Ross will be announced. I still believe some trade or waiver claim will be made.

Ron Madden
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
We have already flittered away the trading chips that would most likley bring us any real help.

dman
07-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I'll be stuck in an airplane from noon until 8 P.M., so I'll have to try to get a signal from 700 as best as I can to see what goes on, if anything.

Jpup
07-30-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll be stuck in an airplane from noon until 8 P.M., so I'll have to try to get a signal from 700 as best as I can to see what goes on, if anything.

you need a MyFi or a laptop

vaticanplum
07-30-2006, 11:49 PM
On an entirely unrelated note, the backwards scary Mr. Reds you two have there (with glove and bat, respectively) are kind of freaking me out.

dman
07-30-2006, 11:53 PM
you need a MyFi or a laptop
Not a good idea to be at the controls trying to mess with a MyFi or laptop.

KronoRed
07-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Probably not :lol:

smith288
07-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Wuss. ;)

dman
07-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Wuss. ;)
Where at in New Albany is your place? I need to paint my next target:devil:

smith288
07-31-2006, 12:04 AM
Where at in New Albany is your place? I need to paint my next target:devil:
Here ya go (http://209.51.193.90/scripts/mmweb5a.pl?password=auditor&stype=p&ent1=222&ent2=001843)

Its humble, I admit.

dman
07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Here ya go (http://209.51.193.90/scripts/mmweb5a.pl?password=auditor&stype=p&ent1=222&ent2=001843)

Its humble, I admit.
Whoa!!! I can't miss that. But anywho, I've google trade rumors and everything else of that nature off and on the last 36 hours just to see what is being said, and it's quite frustrating to not see the Reds come up in any of them

smith288
07-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Whoa!!! I can't miss that. But anywho, I've google trade rumors and everything else of that nature off and on the last 36 hours just to see what is being said, and it's quite frustrating to not see the Reds come up in any of them
Dude...if I had that, I'd OWN part of the Reds... lol

dman
07-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Dude...if I had that, I'd OWN part of the Reds... lol
Was that Wexner's house BTW? I don't score too many brownie points with my wife when I tell her I'm going to try to become one of Wexner's pilots so that I can fly all of the Victoria's Secret models around. For some reason she doesn't find that amusing

smith288
07-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Was that Wexner's house BTW? I don't score too many brownie points with my wife when I tell her I'm going to try to become one of Wexner's pilots so that I can fly all of the Victoria's Secret models around. For some reason she doesn't find that amusing
No, its a friend of mine's parent's house. They are Wexner's neighbor as well as one of Rahal's homes i think.

I believe its for sale for a measly 8 million. Want to start a fund?

smith288
07-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Well, its morning and still no shiny new pitcher or good hitting SS found under the tree...

Feels like a line from Everclear's "I will buy you a new life":

They have never had the joy of a welfare christmas

Ltlabner
07-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Smith228, I felt much the same way when I woke up and made a mad dash to the computer to see the overnight trade news.

It felt like Saturday afternoon was the height of the trade rumor buzz. It's since subsided.

BuckeyeRedleg
07-31-2006, 09:11 AM
At least Santa already got it over with by leaving us coal in our red stocking's two weeks ago.

It wasn't like we were expecting the shiny new bike anyway.