PDA

View Full Version : What Are David Ross' Prospects For Playing Time This Season?

birty74
07-31-2006, 01:51 AM
How much do you see Ross playing from here on out?

I have him rostered on my fantasy team, and if he's going to be used this sparingly, I may drop him.

Jpup
07-31-2006, 01:52 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

birty74
07-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I know that there's a fantasy forum, but since this relates specifically to a Reds player, I thought it made more sense here.

So, in order to make this more appropriate for this board, I'll go ahead and post the commentary/question I wasn't going to bother with in my earlier post because it's late and I'm tired.

Can anyone explain to me the rationale of carrying three catchers? I know that Valentin is pretty solid in the right matchup, and LaRue is carrying a relatively hefty contract, but still...

Do you see any of these three being dealt so that some sanity can be inserted into this situation. I can't ever recall a team carrying three catchers at a time.

It seems to me that Ross is by far the best offensive catcher of the bunch.

(Oh, and I'll be using this info, in part, for my fantasy baseball team)

Jpup
07-31-2006, 02:04 AM
Javy is primarily used to pinch hit as a lefty off the bench. He also catches Ramirez on most occasions.

birty74
07-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Do you think they'll deal one of the three?

Is there a reason to play LaRue over Ross besides money?

Jpup
07-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Do you think they'll deal one of the three?

Is there a reason to play LaRue over Ross besides money?

Will they do it? I doubt it. I really don't see much reason to unless they pick up a couple of bats before Monday.