PDA

View Full Version : ESPN News coming back with Reds news

writerdan33
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Just went to break saying Buster Olney had news on what Reds GM Wayne Krivsky "is doing."

Present tense.

Wonder if Karl Ravech misspoke when he said that?

We shall see in about 90 seconds.

smith288
07-31-2006, 02:39 PM
"is doing" means to me that his trades as a whole.

But that's just me.

deltachi8
07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
As in "what the heck ar ethe Reds doiing?" or What the Reds are continuing to do? Hmmm

writerdan33
07-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Nothing new...just recapping.

Steve Phillips backpeddaling.

WVRedsFan
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Since they've posted it over on the reds.com site, I imagine Wayne is through for the day. The 4:00 news conference will just recap.

reds44
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Karl Ravech is a moron.

He basically said the Reds have nobody in our starting rotation besides Arroyo.

How about Harang?

reds44
07-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Since they've posted it over on the reds.com site, I imagine Wayne is through for the day. The 4:00 news conference will just recap.
That has nothing to do with it.

He could be done, but I doubt reds.com knows if he is or not.

WVRed
07-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Nothing new...just recapping.

Steve Phillips backpeddaling.

Buster Olney just owned Steve Phillips.

Where is Harold Reynolds when you need him?

Oh, and Lohse is going to the bullpen.

RedsMan3203
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Olney just made Phillips look like an arse.

That is for sure... It was funny because Phillips had nothin to say.

Red Leader
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
From John Manuel (ESPN Chat)

. . anyway, I was surprised the Reds gave up Zach Ward, because he's one of their better pitching prospects. I also wasn't a fan of the Lopez and Kearns deal, though I didn't pan it as much as most of the known world. The bottom line is, the Reds have mediocre starting pitching and are hoping to capitalize on their offense and depth of position players to improve that pitching just enough to get into the playoffs. I think it's worth it for them to go for it as long as they aren't giving up their truly elite prospects, which are Homer Bailey, Joey Votto, Travis Wood and Jay Bruce (in order, more like Bailey, Bruce, Wood and Votto). That's a nice quartet, and if the Reds improve their big league club without touching those four, then Wayne Krivsky has done his job.

Joseph
07-31-2006, 02:51 PM
What was said between the two?

zombie-a-go-go
07-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh, and Lohse is going to the bullpen.

I know the pen was bad - real bad. I wouldn't ever deny that. But it also wasn't the only hole on this team. It seems like Kriv is overcompensating for a well-known weakness, while letting the less-obvious things pass by unheeded.

RedsMan3203
07-31-2006, 02:53 PM
With what Wayne K has done this month... We just gotta hope our starters can get through atleast 6 or 7 innings.

We have a good pen now.... If JR wakes up... You'll see the runs start rolling in.

michst
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
How was Phillips owned? What did they say to him?

M2
07-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Karl Ravech is a moron.

He basically said the Reds have nobody in our starting rotation besides Arroyo.

How about Harang?

Harang's never pitched for the Red Sox or Yankees therefore he doesn't exist.

NJReds
07-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Is it possible that Ward was not promoted so as not to hurt his trade value (or to enhance his value)? Maybe the coaches don't think he projects?

This is pure speculation on my part. I've never seen the kid pitch, and his numbers look real good.

WVRed
07-31-2006, 03:02 PM
How was Phillips owned? What did they say to him?

Basically, how Phillips called the Reds-Nats trade the worst trade in the past ten years and how the Reds bullpen ERA had went down two full runs. Phillips came back and was basically speechless.

M2
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Basically, how Phillips called the Reds-Nats trade the worst trade in the past ten years and how the Reds bullpen ERA had went down two full runs. Phillips came back and was basically speechless.

And it's no thanks to the trade. Because of Majewski's recent toxicity he and Bray have a combined 7.50 ERA. Right now there's no way to put a smiley face on the Majewski end of this deal.

traderumor
07-31-2006, 03:23 PM
And it's no thanks to the trade. Because of Majewski's recent toxicity he and Bray have a combined 7.50 ERA. Right now there's no way to put a smiley face on the Majewski end of this deal.Sure there is. He and Denorfia have a mullett contest going on. Its been of great interest to watch :p:

Marc D
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM

If Phillips called any trade the worst of the past 10 years he's opening himself up to a crusher and it sure wouldn't have anything to do with current Reds ERA's.

M2
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
If Phillips called any trade the worst of the past 10 years he's opening himself up to a crusher and it sure wouldn't have anything to do with current Reds ERA's.

Kazmir for Zambrano was Jim Duquette's handiwork.

Marc D
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Kazmir for Zambrano was Jim Duquette's handiwork.

My bad, I wonderd that almost as soon as I typed it.

Oh well, if Phillips were any good he'd still be employed as a GM, not a critic of those who are.