dice. It's a known fact; Guardado was damaged goods because
he has a pitching shoulder that is slowing tearing up due to
all the wear and tear of his career. The stiffness in his
pitching elbow is a new ailment for him. Could it be the
shoulder issues are now causing trouble with his pitching
elbow? For the record, the Reds state it's a very minor
problem, and they believe it can be treated with oral
medication and treatment. There is no talk of a stint on the
disabled list, but the situation does need watching.

Red Leader
08-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Pretty simple progression really. He was known to have shoulder issues. The Reds knew that. When you compensate for a shoulder injury, it leads to elbow injuries. That is a known fact. Hopefully, everything doesn't go to crap before the end of the season. I would say that he's not a good bet to remain healthy through next year. I wouldn't re-sign him.

dabvu2498
08-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Pretty simple progression really. He was known to have shoulder issues. The Reds knew that. When you compensate for a shoulder injury, it leads to elbow injuries. That is a known fact. Hopefully, everything doesn't go to crap before the end of the season. I would say that he's not a good bet to remain healthy through next year. I wouldn't re-sign him.
Agreed 100%

It would also seem that we now have more than one viable option at the back end of the bullpen if a DL stint is necessary for Eddie.

Falls City Beer
08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
But boy it makes for great theater: "Turns out I'm not so Every day after all--Doc says I might be Everyday Eddie if I don't stop throwing soon. Ah geez, looks like this is my final stand!!"

Phhhl
08-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Even if he ends up on the dl, that trade was still worth the risk. Krivsky has probably already earned the credit, because Guardado came in at a crucial time and helped cover a couple critical weeks when we literally had NOBODY to close out ballgames. Now we have revlievers coming out the ears, and Coffey can probably get the job done if pressed back into the job.

Not to say that we won't be better off if he avoids the dl. But, the Guardado trade is not the bad one.