PDA

View Full Version : Observations on last nights game

MainevilleMike
08-02-2006, 02:12 PM
This is my first post to this site. I just found it a few days ago.

Here are my observations on last nights game which I was fortunate, or should I say unfortunate to be able to attend.

1. Man was it hot!

2. Ross, you have to catch the ball before you can apply the tag. I thought it was a pretty decent throw from Adam and Ross should have been able to make the play.

3. Freel had to run a long way to get to that ball. Don't know if many others would have even made it to the ball. Still he should have caught it.

4. Clayton - come on man! You got to make those plays, and you have to make a better response that "I'm not perfect". You get paid to make those plays.

5. Relief pitchers - does putting on a Red's uniform automatically double your ERA?

6. Did I mention it was HOT! When we left at 10 pm a sign outside the stadium was still reading 90 degrees.

This game was really frustrating to watch. That 7th inning really seemed to take the life out of the crowd.

Spring~Fields
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
This is my first post to this site. I just found it a few days ago.

5. Relief pitchers - does putting on a Red's uniform automatically double your ERA?

Welcome to the board.

I do often wonder if pitching at the GAB somehow gets into the pitchers psyhc and if in their minds they feel that they have to do something different in such a way that it makes them worse.