PDA

View Full Version : Royce Clayton Welcome To Cincinnati

Brandon4MVP
08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Nice Homerun buddy! GO REDS!

Johnny Footstool
08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, it almost makes up for his poor defense.

Almost.

Rob Dicken
08-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, it almost makes up for his poor defense.

Almost.

No it doesn't. It was ONLY a solo homer. :D

RedsMan3203
08-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Clayton isn't welcome in Cincinnati in my book... but that is another story...

roby
08-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Clayton isn't welcome in Cincinnati in my book... but that is another story...

I'm not sure i would go that far, RedsMan. He might make a pretty good third base coach or something.

Johnny Footstool
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure i would go that far, RedsMan. He might make a pretty good third base coach or something.

I agree. Veteran presence is important -- for coaches.

Unassisted
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't like the fact that Clayton has become the target of so many posters' frustrations. He won't singlehandedly knock the Reds out of anything. There's plenty of blame to go around for the team's recent fortunes.

IMHO, the criticism of Clayton has very much crossed the line of Rule #5 below. If this is the way this board is going to act when the Reds are in a pennant race, RedsZone's reputation is going to downhill in a hurry.

RedFanAlways1966
08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
And let us all remember... Royce Clayton was not "traded for". I think it was obvious that he was "thrown into" a deal that was about other players. He was a "throw in" not "traded for". BIG difference. HUGE difference.

It has not been said that way by anyone in this thread, but I see it mentioned that way in other threads.

Thank you for reading! :)

BRM
08-03-2006, 01:17 PM
And let us all remember... Royce Clayton was not "traded for". I think it was obvious that he was "thrown into" a deal that was about other players. He was a "throw in" not "traded for". BIG difference. HUGE difference.

It has not been said that way by anyone in this thread, but I see it mentioned that way in other threads.

Thank you for reading! :)

"Throw-ins" don't typically get annointed everyday starters.

Aceking
08-03-2006, 01:17 PM
But, 66... there's a difference with Clayton. Thrown in players are rarely annointed the starter at their position.

I don't have the anger and bitterness towards Clayton that many seem to have around here. I think he's playing at the level I expected him too. I'd rather have Phillips at SS or maybe even Castro playing every day... but none of that is Clayton's fault.

Aceking
08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Darn you BRM! Why did I have to get wordy! Annointed the starter was mine! :)

RedFanAlways1966
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Starter -or- bench... I understand. But when people "act" like Royce was a main-part of the trade, it simply is not true. I do not know all the facts behind the trade; however, it is safe to say that Bowden wanted FeLo. That left the REDS w/out an infielder (in order to shore up the bullpen). Clayton was expendable for the Nats, now that they were getting FeLo, so he got tossed in the deal. Starting him is something that can be upsetting to many here and I understand. But when someone makes a reference like "the REDS traded for Clayton"... that is misleading and untrue.

I guess it is all semantics. But it bothers me when someone says it that way! :)

James B.
08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't. It was ONLY a solo homer. :D

I think that is now known as a single shot on fox sports cincy.:rolleyes:

solo-baric
08-03-2006, 09:41 PM
well when the reds traded felo they need a short stop. remember that was their only one besides castro. BP won't move over JN won't let him so get over. everyone here hate castro with a passion.

Cedric
08-03-2006, 10:07 PM
well when the reds traded felo they need a short stop. remember that was their only one besides castro. BP won't move over JN won't let him so get over. everyone here hate castro with a passion.

I'd rather see Olmedo everyday of the week than Clayton.