PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Real Opinion On the Reds Management

EddieMilner
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I hear so much complaining on this board about the Jerry Narron lineups and about WK's horrible trades, I want to know if its just the yelling minority I am hearing or if that's everyone's opinion.

dougdirt
08-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I vote for "fire Narron, Wayne gets a lukewarm feeling. He has made good and bad trades"

KronoRed
08-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I vote for "fire Narron, Wayne gets a lukewarm feeling. He has made good and bad trades"
2nd

Puffy
08-03-2006, 05:40 PM
3rd

Shaggy Sanchez
08-03-2006, 05:42 PM
4th

MrCinatit
08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
So far, Wayne seems to be doing a pretty good job.
Unfortunately, Jerry seems to be taking the spare parts Wayne has aquired and is using them as primary gears.

Redhook
08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I think Wayne is the reason we're still contending right now. I believe his last few moves have been questionable at best (too desperate), but overall I really like the direction we're headed.

As for Narron......:barf:

I can't stand him. Coincidentally, since his contract extension, I have seemed to disagree with just about every move he has made. How weird.

oneupper
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
5th

REDREAD
08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
IMO, Wayne has only made two questionable trades..

Wash was bad.
Louse is probably going to end up bad (but not crippling).

I voted for "I like Wayne, but not Narron", because I can forgive Wayne for the two questionable trades since overall he's been very good.

Even the best GMs (Beane, Scherholtz, etc) pull a stinker occasionally. We have to remember that or we'll never like any GM :)

cincy09
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
6th

fisch11
08-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm not going to bash a single member in the organization. Before this season started and before the new ownership took over, this team was a division cellar team. If it wasn't for Castelinni, Wayne, and Narron we wouldn't be watching exciting and meaningFul baseball in August. Instead of the annual fire sale, we could actually shop the market as buyers and make a push for the postseason....something we haven't seen in awhile let alone a winning season in the past 5 years. So great job FO! And to all the bashers, get off their back! This is year one of a franchise revival. Just take a look at what Marvin Lewis did in his first year with the Bengals, back to .500. Baby steps towards a larger goal in my opinion, it just happens to be that we are contending in year 1 of Camp Wayne....so let's sit back and watch our contender over the last 2 months. GO REDS!

redsfanmia
08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I long for the days of DanO and Miley.

RedsManRick
08-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I'll give Wayneski a B+, Narron a C. I don't see that option up there though...

CRedsLarkin11
08-03-2006, 07:51 PM

Don't we all ;)

REDSEER
08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I love what Krivsky has done so far with the team...

Narron on the other hand:

I like the way he handles the team
I like the way he motivates the team
I like the way he is finding ways to win
I like the way he shows some emotion

I HATE the way he can't make the most obvious managerial move, such as take the pitcher out before he loses it, or pinch hit for a defensive oriented player in a clutch situation.....

Gandalf the Red
08-03-2006, 08:01 PM

"There are several mitigating factors that come into play, vis a vis the Reds' performance the last two seasons versus a wide variety of metrics applied to the current season, that prevent me from feeling the same.

Circumstances, as always, are subject to change, as we must ultimately examine outcomes through an encompassing lens, lest we omit important, yet easily overlooked details that are too frequently glossed over in the often impetuous zeal for decisive action that all too often victimizes many general managers."

redsmetz
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
None of the above?

buckeyenut
08-03-2006, 08:32 PM
How about I love what Castenelli has done?

James B.
08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I also have got to say none of the above. I don't agree with everything that is done but I can't complain as long as the reds are competative. That is what I have been waiting for. Some things that are done makes me wonder if they know what they are doing. Such as trading for and playing the worst shorstop in baseball but I can live with it as long as they win.

Ron Madden
08-04-2006, 04:47 AM
I didn't vote in this poll but...

Iv'e often heard Wayne and Jerry are on the same page. They work well together and share the same opinions.

I can't help it but this kinda scares me.

reds1869
08-04-2006, 07:52 AM
WK is doing fine, Narron is trying to sink the ship. And to think that I was happy with his performance at one point. What was I thinking?

EddieMilner
08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm not going to bash a single member in the organization. Before this season started and before the new ownership took over, this team was a division cellar team. If it wasn't for Castelinni, Wayne, and Narron we wouldn't be watching exciting and meaningFul baseball in August. Instead of the annual fire sale, we could actually shop the market as buyers and make a push for the postseason....something we haven't seen in awhile let alone a winning season in the past 5 years. So great job FO! And to all the bashers, get off their back! This is year one of a franchise revival. Just take a look at what Marvin Lewis did in his first year with the Bengals, back to .500. Baby steps towards a larger goal in my opinion, it just happens to be that we are contending in year 1 of Camp Wayne....so let's sit back and watch our contender over the last 2 months. GO REDS!

For everyone that doesn't care for Narron: with a manager you would approve of, what do you feel the Reds record would be?

How many losses would you contribute to Narron's more managerial ways?

How many wins do you think he has gotten for us?