PDA

View Full Version : Redszone.com EXCLUSIVE - Krono on revocable waivers

Heath
08-04-2006, 12:23 PM
KronoRed on Waivers, "Not going anywhere", says Boss

From staff and wire reports

Feeling the tightness of the bandwith budget compared to high market value of premium posters, sources speaking on the condition of anonymity, have learned that redszone.com put KronoRed on revocable waivers after the July 31 inter-message board trading deadline.

"We aren't shopping him around", stated Boss-Hog, curator of Redszone.com. "Sometimes, bandwith gets expensive, and well, Krono's a big user of bytes. You could say that Krono has an over-byte." Hogg also commented that he sees Krono staying at redszone.com. "It wouldn't be the same without him. We also highly doubt that he'd pass through waivers anyway."

Other wild specualtion ran rampant that also long time redszone.com posters woy, M2 & SteelSD were placed on waivers, but immediately were claimed. But, since waiver lists are generally kept under wraps, only rumors can be based on heresay and day-to-day operational source leaks.

"It's generally assumed that most every poster in the first week or two of August is placed on revocable waivers.", stated Hogg. "Whether we go through with any deals is highly unlikely, but its a process to see who is available, and though a slight chance, we could find someone to improve the message board."

Speculation has run rampant to figure out where Krono could be headed. While most pundits say that KronoRed will be staying put, however, there are sources close to the mighty poster said that emails have been sent from Boston at sonsofsamhorn.com, Chicago at soxtalk.com & Washington at natstalk.com. It's never been a secret that Jim Bowden covets Krono's five-tool ability to post.

Phone messages placed to Krono were unsuccessful. Florida coach Urban Meyer, a personal consultant to the venerable poster, was trying to reach Krono in his Northern Kentucky residence to discuss his future, but failed to get past the defense.

The above obviously is a parady, but maybe it will help clear up the big names shown on the waiver wire and all the hubub. It makes good discussion, but a large waste of displaced electrons.

Red Leader
08-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Good stuff, Heath.

Krono is a major face of the franchise. It would be a shame to lose him.

Johnny Footstool
08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Rumor has it the Sons of Sam Horn are offering two prospects if RedsZone is willing to kick in half of Krono's bandwidth.

Team Clark
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
In a related topic Team Clark was quoted in USA Today that Reds.com smells like "sewer water". Team Clark was not available for comment. (Playing NCAA 07 with Delmon Young)

Heath
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
In a related topic Team Clark was quoted in USA Today that Reds.com smells like "sewer water". Team Clark was not available for comment. (Playing NCAA 07 with Delmon Young)

No wonder Marge never wanted to pay scouts. All they do is play video games all day. :D

Ltlabner
08-04-2006, 01:07 PM
We were all put on the wiaver wire? Wow...I need to have a talk with my agent as I was not informed of this development.

cumberlandreds
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Krono is a scrappy veteran. We can't afford to let him go. :)

Joseph
08-04-2006, 02:18 PM
We were all put on the wiaver wire? Wow...I need to have a talk with my agent as I was not informed of this development.

If Boss sees me giving out inside info like this I'll get fired, but you were claimed by a Brewers board so we pulled you back not wanting to lose you to a division rival.

Roy Tucker
08-04-2006, 02:22 PM
So what are the five tools of a poster? Content, volume, analysis, humor, and scrappiness?

oneupper
08-04-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm willing to accept a trade to the Tiger's board...but only for the rest of the season (and postseason).

BuckWoody
08-04-2006, 02:23 PM
All this really has us low A guys excited. Our path to the bigs won't be blocked by all these aging vets if we can dump a few. ;)

Chip R
08-04-2006, 02:38 PM
All this really has us low A guys excited. Our path to the bigs won't be blocked by all these aging vets if we can dump a few. ;)

Yeah, but word is that Boss is going to pick up a couple of veteran posters from SOSH because the younger guys don't know how to post the right way yet.

Red Leader
08-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Chip, because of his albatross contract, has passed through waivers, according to some "insiders."

Chip R
08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Chip, because of his albatross contract, has passed through waivers, according to some "insiders."

Yeah, but I am a 5-10 guy.

Team Clark
08-04-2006, 02:54 PM
No wonder Marge never wanted to pay scouts. All they do is play video games all day. :D

And eat for free in the Press Box.... SCOUNDRELS I tell ya..

KronoRed
08-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Krono has no comment

;)

Gallen5862
08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I found out from my agent that I was claimed by the Braves and Nationals but I was pulled back from waivers. How did our prospects on the Reds Live board do? Were the ones close to 200 points drawing alot of interest. :)

Ltlabner
08-04-2006, 03:59 PM
If Boss sees me giving out inside info like this I'll get fired, but you were claimed by a Brewers board so we pulled you back not wanting to lose you to a division rival.

Wow...cool. GAC as an agent is finally paying off.

Ltlabner
08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, but word is that Boss is going to pick up a couple of veteran posters from SOSH because the younger guys don't know how to post the right way yet.

I'm in a really weird spot here. I'm over 30 so by defintion I should be "scrappy", but I've only been on the team since May so I certinally don't know how to "post the right way" yet. I hope I don't get stuck on a platoon for any muffed posts.

I'm just going to hang out in the clubhouse and listen to my ipod until I can figure this one out......;)

Reds4Life
08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Krono posts to contact, he'd be a huge loss, we'd lose 25% of our posting offense. :(

RichRed
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but I am a 5-10 guy.

You look taller in the picture.

Red Leader
08-04-2006, 04:05 PM
You look taller in the picture.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's the baggy pants and the suspenders, I'm sure.

smith288
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I probably didnt get much attention on the wire because my reputation hasnt budged for a while. Thats just not getting it done in the clutch.

BCubb2003
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Is it a good idea for a small-market board to have so much bandwidth wrapped up in one poster? It'll be a difficult contract to move, though.

KronoRed
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Krono posts to contact, he'd be a huge loss, we'd lose 25% of our posting offense. :(
I hope the the board doesn't plan to play smallpost, it just doesn't get it done in this day and age.

Ltlabner
08-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I guess it all depends on whether the board values playing "small ball" with the posts by grinding out small, to the point but quality posts over "power ball" with big massive posts that make a lot of points at once.

StillFunkyB
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Krono strikes out to much. I mean like really. Get rid of him, he sucks.

Unless of course we can rework his contract, to send him back down to Reds Live.

Red Leader
08-04-2006, 04:41 PM

Unless of course we can rework his contract, to send him back down to Reds Live.

Damn grandfather clause. He could have used more seasoning down on Reds Live before being brought up in the beginning. Now he'll always carry that overused word around with him "potential". :p:

KronoRed
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Dudes no need for jealous attacks cause I put up the numbers, maybe you guys need more time in the minors :cool::cool:

Ltlabner
08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
At least he doesn't post those useless "solo posts". I mean, a topic gets off track, we start to get it going again and whamo! Some goof has to make a solo post and grind the thread rally to a hault.

Red Leader
08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Dudes no need for jealous attacks cause I put up the numbers, maybe you guys need more time in the minors :cool::cool:

You're constant posting is destroying any chance I had in arbitration this year.

I gotta feed my kids, yo.

Joseph
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
To paraphrase an excellent baskeetballer of days gone by....

'Krono makes a lot of posts because he reads a lot of posts'

or something.

RichRed
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM

As a 5'10" guy like Chip, I would like to exercise my veto power on that move. He makes too many posts like this one that scare and upset me:

I seriously fear Guzman showing up here next spring, after the Nats release him.

:eek: ;)

Heath
08-04-2006, 04:53 PM

I just checked Krono's contract at redszoneinsite.com and he's out of options.

Boss & GIK would have to DFA him first.

KronoRed
08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
To paraphrase an excellent baskeetballer of days gone by....

'Krono makes a lot of posts because he reads a lot of posts'

or something.
That my game man :)

StillFunkyB
08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I just checked Krono's contract at redszoneinsite.com and he's out of options.

Boss & GIK would have to DFA him first.

I am sure there is a way to rework his contract to give him more options.

Do it.