PDA

View Full Version : How we can improve our offense

runfreelrun
08-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Maybe it's time for the lineup shakeup to swallow Rich Aurilla playing on a daily basis. The middle of the order is loaded with slow footed, strikeout prone hitters, who when aren't in a grove tend to pull the offense down. Move Phillips to SS, EE at 3b, Freel at 2B and give Denorfia a longer look in right. Not only do you add more speed to the lineup, you strengthen the bench with Aurilla there. Granted defense would suffer but at this point it might be pick your poison, play better defense and lose games 3-0 or improve your offense and win games 7-6, I'll take the later.

Jr's Boy
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I'll take the later too.:D

CaiGuy
08-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Maybe it's time for the lineup shakeup to swallow Rich Aurilla playing on a daily basis. The middle of the order is loaded with slow footed, strikeout prone hitters, who when aren't in a grove tend to pull the offense down. Move Phillips to SS, EE at 3b, Freel at 2B and give Denorfia a longer look in right. Not only do you add more speed to the lineup, you strengthen the bench with Aurilla there. Granted defense would suffer but at this point it might be pick your poison, play better defense and lose games 3-0 or improve your offense and win games 7-6, I'll take the later.
I honestly think that would improve the both the offense and defense. You could also get Rich in there at second with freel in right.