PDA

View Full Version : Caught between a rock and a hard place with Royce

fearofpopvol1
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Do you almost find yourself hoping he screws up and that you're rooting against him? Obviously, you don't want it to hurt the team or the outcome of the game. If he makes a good play, it's only going to be redeeming. It's clear that he's terrible, but do you think if his weaknesses (albeit a lot of them) continue to show that they'll have enough sense to keep him out of the lineup? What will it take?

Having him bat in the 2 hold tonight is absurd.

keeganbrick
08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Do you almost find yourself hoping he screws up and that you're rooting against him? Obviously, you don't want it to hurt the team or the outcome of the game. If he makes a good play, it's only going to be redeeming. It's clear that he's terrible, but do you think if his weaknesses (albeit a lot of them) continue to show that they'll have enough sense to keep him out of the lineup? What will it take?

He had a walk last night, he should bat 2nd for the rest of the year.:bang:

MaineRed
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm not a Clayton guy but if Juan Castro is our SS for the last five days, how many games do the Reds win?

They scored no runs last night. They have none tonight. You could draw names out of a hat and get this production.

But its probably all Royce Clayton's fault.

fearofpopvol1
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
He's going to be in the lineup for at least the next 10 starts for that.

keeganbrick
08-04-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not a Clayton guy but if Juan Castro is our SS for the last five days, how many games do the Reds win?

They scored no runs last night. They have none tonight. You could draw names out of a hat and get this production.

But its probably all Royce Clayton's fault.
They turn the DP and that 5 run inning the other night never happens.

redsmetz
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM

Why on earth would I hope he screws up? He's on our team, I want him to do well, regardless of how he is predestined to be chained to his career norms. Why would I ever hope any of the players on my team mess up?

MaineRed
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
They turn the DP and that 5 run inning the other night never happens.

So you take away 5 runs and they still have 5 and the Reds scored what, 4 that night? So basically what is your point?

Unless your as sure as you are about the DP that Castro would also provide some production with his bat, you can't tell me the Reds would have any more wins to show for their effort the last 5 days.

keeganbrick
08-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Castro just hit one off the wall tonight. Castro can hit just as well as Clayton and plays much better D.

MaineRed
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I didn't say he couldn't hit. When he was traded back here I was one of the few who defended him. I like Juan and would have no problem with him at SS. I think he is better than the experts with all their defensive stats say he is. The pick and flip tonight was a great example.

But I asked the question, if Juan is in there instead of Royce, is it showing up in the W column? You've yet to convince me it would.

When the team loses a bunch in a row, there is more wrong than Royce Clayton.

keeganbrick
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Nothing can technically say if Castro was there we would have won. I just wish Castro was our starting SS over Clayton, thats all.

Always Red
08-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Clayton's a Red now. After 15 years of total mediocrity, I expect the worst and hope and pray for the best from him. Tonight was a good night, in many ways!

Jr's Boy
08-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Can you believe he sparked the run scoring tonight?Way to go Royce!

Team Clark
08-05-2006, 02:49 AM
Castro just hit one off the wall tonight. Castro can hit just as well as Clayton and plays much better D.

I'm with ya. I keep hearing this "Castro can't hit" stuff... Juan has been looking pretty decent for a guy that sucks so bad. It's pretty damn hard to come off the bench and hit. He's done a good job.

buckeyenut
08-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Historically, he has been awful at the plate. But if we are going to talk defense at SS, then lets go with our best defender as long as we aren't moving Phillips. Castro's bat is pretty close to Clayton and he actually does make every play he can get to and some he can't. Again, the range is still lacking, but Castro never makes a mistake in field it seems and consistently makes outstanding plays he shouldn't make like last night.